1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best gigs recently been to

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Mar 17, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

In no particular order:

The Twang @ Old Fire Station, Bournemouth

Nick Harper @ Komedia, Brighton

Levellers @ Brixton Academy

Dreadzone @ Brixton Academy

2. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

i've only been to see nick since the last time i went to see nick!
    i so need a life!! lol

amor mundi

3. KarinB

KarinB Guest

Apart from Nick this year and last year (I so need a life too fickle_witch) it has to be Muse at Newcastle Arena in 2006. Went to see Squeeze (my all time favourite band) last November but was really disappointed so, sorry Squeeze, but you are ruled out of the equation.

4. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious I've got a zappy little nappy

Neil Young!!! The Guvenor - Fantastico!!

5. Watcher

Watcher Computer stained fingers

Has to be Nick on Valentine's Day at the Cluny in Newcastle. But apart from that I haven't been to a lot recently, so it has to be Fairport Convention at The Sage in Gateshead and The Bootleg Beatles at Sunderland Empire (sorry to those who don't like tribute bands, but they are phenomenal - from a major Beatles fan of thirty five years or more, that's a tribute in itself).

6. HarperPR

Dreadzone!

7. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Jethro Tull, Bournemouth - 16 April 2008, featuring special guests Clive Bunker (Tull's original drummer) and Paul Forrest (front man for the JT tribute band, The Dayglo Pirates).

Check out this link for some footage! :)

8. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Lunch Box..

Great video Marcie the sound hasn't changed at all in 30 years or more! Mr.Anderson should invest in some new trousers though, the man puts Linford Christie to shame! :eek:
    Unfortunately missed them at Blackburn recently due to illness, hopefully will get to see them sometime.

9. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Thanks Shaun, although I think you were referring to Paul's trousers - :wink:

They're (Tull) doing a UK wide tour, although I think they've got some dates in the north and in Scotland. Hope you get a chance to catch them soon.

10. madness

madness I've got a zappy little nappy

best gigs or gig??

Went and saw Martin Harley at the beginning of the year, he was ace, he played his guitar in his lap he layed it on his lap and played double strings and he was amazing. I so love music.
    Then i went to the boiler room in guildford and exposed my lack of teeth hence my embarressment:blushing:

11. madness

PS

PS if any of you guys get near Guildford get yourselfs to the Boiler Room it's an Amazing Venue maybe we could persuade Roy to play there?

12. madness

PS

PS if any of you guys get near Guildford get yourselfs to the Boiler Room it's an Amazing Venue maybe we could persuade Roy to play there? LIKE AB unknown solitare xxxx

13. madness

us

no idea the police have just enter my compuyer spxce so you may not get theses maesagges

14. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Guilford

Guildford's not too far from here, will check it out. Were you at Aldershot to see Nick?

andi

15. Cozmik

Cozmik I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi,
    Last gig I went to was Robin Williamson and John Renbourn, at Haverhill Arts centre.

16. HarperPR

Well...not strictly a gig, but a festival. V definitely rocked it for me and I was so glad I did 2 days at Hylands and caught so many star players.

But only 1 day at Reading yesterday for the ever delightful Editors and the kooky mad as hatters We Are Scientists (is Keith Murray quite, er, hot or not:blushing: even the hair's growing on me, if not on him!:D).

17. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

I just downloaded a couple of Levellers tracks from eMusic: FANTASTIC! I can't believe I've ignored them for so long. Thanks for the pointer Linn.

Bob

18. HarperPR

Just been to see the ever brill Tom Baxter at a little place near to me. I can't recommend him highly enough. Seen him a few times now and he never fails to impress. Go and see him if he comes near you! He's playing in Wiltshire on Sunday and I'm sorely tempted to make a pit stop, but think I'm getting over-gigged again.:)

19. HarperPR

Better late than...:wink:

Wha did you hear? Some of their acoustic stuff is equally as good.

20. HarperPR

Last night saw the Kings of Leon at 02. Just...absolutely...INCREDIBLE! That's all I can say.

What gets me is every time the Evening Standard review them - male reviewer - they say they're fabulous but always gripe that Caleb doesn't talk and engage the audience enough in between songs. Sexist comment imo coming from a man. Ask any girl and all she wants him to do is stand there in those (oh so) tight jeans and leather jacket with guitar slung around his neck looking like the sex god he is! :wink::D