1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Jan 15, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Interesting to see Arcade Fire's Neon Bible in the stormcock top list. It's also up for a Brit as International Album - and AF as Int band. I would love them to take both. AF are stunning live too. And who's up for Best Male Artist - that Newton again! And Editors are nominated as Best British Group - hurrah! That will have made my friend Selfie a happy boy.

2. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

aye arcade fire rock!! i bought editors and it got lost in no 1 sons pit we laughingly call his room, then got another copy and stepson *borrowed* it. i should really rip this stuff before these children get their grubby hands on it.
    yay my 20th post got the nappy off!!
    *dances the happy not nappy dance*

3. HarperPR

Half back in the drugs thread...I think about smokers outside the hospital doors every time I light up!!! That and why lovely Tom has cut his curls off *sigh*.

4. HarperPR

Brits tonight!

Anyone opening a book on Newton Faulkner tonight then?! I like them all in that category; all are worthy winners imo. Would like to see Arcade Fire scoop one, and Mark Ronson if there's any justice (remember the St Hels pub, Critch!), and of course Editors *sigh*!

5. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Aha! Yes, in the sefton! You were slightly distracted at that point - I was trying to talk you out of making Nick do an old people's home tour, and you were singing to yourself. :rofl:

6. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

The sefton, I think last time I was in there was at about 11pm on a saturday in 1996, just got back from wembley after Saints beat bradford in the Challenge Cup final, I remember the landlord putting we are the champions on every 15 mins and encouraging people to stand on chairs and tables singing,...... that was a long night.....
    ah......

7. HarperPR

I like their choice of music in there! And that if you bought 2 glasses of wine, you get the rest of the bottle free! But that was before the gig and as Critch didn't want to be seen with an old wino, I lost out on that deal - hahaha!!!

8. Sadfish

oh well the sites and sounds of St Helens!

9. HarperPR

Mark Ronson Best British Male - yay! yay! yay! Justice prevails.

10. Sadfish

Best British Male what?

11. HarperPR

Stop rolling spliffs and watch the show! ARTIST!

12. critch

You couldn't pay me enough to watch that show... Lol.

(actually that's not true, minimum wage would be plenty!)

13. HarperPR

I didn't stay the whole course. Very formulaic: Arctics, Take That and the Poo Pighters grabbing Int Band and Album - no way! But I did think that Dave Grohl is now passing a very close resemblence to our Moth!

14. Sadfish

I saw mark ronson and that was about it really, I like mark ronson but it did feel a bit like live karaoke.

I really really want Amy Winehouse to sort herself out, her voice is fabulous its just such a shame she's so f****** up.

I have a soft spot for KAte Nash having tracked her down on mysfacespace prior to her siging her deal I feel a part of her career in a strange way, I hope she sticks to her chilled relaxed way and doesn't go down the lily allen, josh stone way of turning into a plonker.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  15. critch

What other types of karaoke are there? :rofl:

16. Sadfish

good and valid point.

17. Green Man

Green Man Guest

The Brits - "It's an industry thing". Sorry, waste of time IMO.

How The Arctic Monkeys have a career I'll never know. Half Man Half Biscuit have been doing much the same thing for years & years without recognition, and they are funnier too.

Sorry, rant over! :blushing: