1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cats

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Apr 5, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

That's not your Bast - that's my Mowlie!:wink: I think black cats tend to lookalike anyway.

It took me nearly 7 months with him before he started to show any affection. Initially, he wouldn't purr indoors - when outside he was fine, which led me to think he'd never lived inside. I got him when he was probably still under a year - and would shy away from being stroked. He was a real monster too, so much so that after he'd pulled all the curtains down that was the final straw and I returned him to Battersea after a month or so. Then went back the next day and got him again! That was over 10 years ago. He is now the most affectionate of the four. Very intelligent and still a super fast killing machine. Regular mouse presents still arrive! Though his biggest 'coo' was bringing home a - live - racing pigeon once! As it was ringed, I got hold of the owner and found it had been on its maiden voyage from Essex. I kept it overnight to recover and then released it the next morning.

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Cats cont....

Actually I adore cats and dogs and was only pulling your tails! Mischief my big ginger tabby got lost for three days as a boy and I searched for him all over Chatham and eventually found him half-dead in an allotment... looked some kids may have tried to drown him in a rain butt. We wrapped him up by the Arga and spoon fed him with warm milk and he made a full recovery, and then not long after he climbed into the greenhouse top window and ate all my breeding mice and their babies! Talk about ungrateful felinity!

andi :m17::23:

3. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Introducing my brood...

Cleo resting1.jpg

Cleo resting

Vanessa and Enkidu.jpg

Vanessa walking by very carefully as Enkidu looks on

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Love Enkidu, Marc! I prefer the long-haired fluffy types, even though they're hell with all the moulting. :biggrin:

5. KarinB

KarinB Guest

If any cats come into my back garden and scare my precious bunnies they will have to face the plank of wood!!!

6. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

my bunny used to scare the cats! he was the sweetest kindest tamest wabbit, but he did fancy the cats! :D he would circle the bird table or attempt a leap on the back of one of them, or fight them for sardines!
    i have the weirdest pets! damn i miss that bunny!
    amor mundi
    hatty :)

7. Marcie

Yep - the molting is really hell - but it's worth it. Not only is he a beauty, he is also the sweetest, most good-natured of my lot. :)

8. Marcie

Another reason my cats are indoors, only - lol