1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Meet-up?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Nov 10, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I wondered whether we could maybe all get together sometime for a Christmas drink/meal? I think there are a few more now in the country, ie Marcie and Trav, so perhaps a chance to meet and raise some festive cheer?

What thinks you all?

2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

In St Helens?

3. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I'd be up for it, but I'm not in a position to make commitments at the moment.... which isn't much help I know, :wink:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  4. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Great idea!

I'd definitely be up for this, if it works out date/time/area wise...I'll be taking a week off work after the 15th of December, so one day that week would be ideal.

5. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

I suppose..

I suppose location is the key question apart from the date?

chrs
    andi :hurray:

6. HarperPR

Well, it would be London, natch! I would suggest maybe a Saturday or Sunday, and lunchtime in order that those having to catch trains, etc home have plenty of time to do so. And early December so it doesn't conflict with all the other stuff nearer Xmas that people have on. Other than that...

7. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Maybe it would be an idea to have 2..One for the northern "branch" of Stormcock and one for the south, logistically it would be a nightmare to come for an evening in london for me, despite the fact of not liking the place that much, the last train back is at around 10pm. The last time I came to The Smoke was to see Roy at the RAH and ended up staying on a freezing cold railway station all night after missing the train! :biggrin:

Shaun.

8. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

That's got my vote!

9. Travellerman

You're lucky, at least you had a roof...:wink: :D

It can be a bit of a mission sometimes can't it? I've slept in all sorts of odd places after Harper gigs over the years. The things we put ourselves through for a bit of music eh :D

10. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

The whole Stormcock set was more than worth it, I'd do it all over again if given the chance though! :D

11. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

whoop de doo...!

there is a world outside london, you know! somewhere central would make more sense-no?

12. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Natch?

I am presuming SherlockPR that the word 'natch' is a Cockney colloquillism for the adjective 'natural' or adverb 'naturally'? In posh Hampshire if you added an 'S' it would mean something quite else whereas in Stepney it would mean armed robbery ostensibly?

Dr. Watterson. :confused1: :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  13. HarperPR

Yes, I was thinking central LONDON!:D

How about one of these dates, around 1pm: Sat Dec 6/13, Sun Dec 7/14?

Perhaps a satellite link-up with the St Helens meet (Pete, Sadfish, Critch, Shaun, Craig, Simon et al) - or a phone one?!:biggrin:

14. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

you might not believe this, but i bloomin well knew you'd say central london!

or we could all go in the chat room and do it 'cyber-style'!:D

15. Travellerman

Or we find the geographic centre for those prepared to commit and make our way there.

Sorry, I like random :D

16. critch

Yeah, Phone is better. Those statellites are a bit heavy to carry about. :tongue_smilie:

17. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

18. Travellerman

19. critch

Does that take into account the difficultly of getting to a place? For example if the mathematical median is in the centre of the Congo, does it take in to account the 2 weeks with a team of Land Rovers and plenty of winching each other out of mud to get there? (Not to mention the possible 3 month wait after vaccinations!)

They should also include the nearest Pub/Bar/Cafe in the results.

20. HarperPR

Trav, Marcie, Paul, Linda, BobJ, Chris and anyone else in/near London and up for this, do any of these dates suit? Or am I drinking solo?!:)