1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C'mon you mighty reds!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by leigh, Dec 5, 2007.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Crap! Not arf!!

Yeah, sorry I did realise, but had no time to edit man!! Depends how you pronounce 'Half' and 'Harf' I suppose and which part of the country you're from pastorally, linguistically, intrinsically indigeneously. I always say the glass is 'alf full and not 'arf empty because I'm a Southern positive mega-male negative trying to look at things positively when everything is negative around you all surrounding! Mind you when I went North I loved the way they pronounced things like for a stove in Bolton as a 'cooooooooker' like wood pidgeon English!

chrs
    aw :m8:

2. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Surely it depends on how you spell Fratton Park?

3. aspwatterson

Spelling

Please don't starting getting pedantic frantic! It's all phonetics anyway man!

Was in a rustic public bar recently in the Berkshire countryside near Highclere and couldn't understand a word the local farmers were saying and I only live 10 miles away in civilised Hampshire! Could have come right of Cromwellian time for all that I Know..

andi :thumbup1::m14::sifone:

4. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

C'mon, Let's Party

Staines 1 AFC Wimbledon 2

Up where we belong.

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Yay, proper Wimbledon rises again :thumbup1:
    And I used to live near Staines *shudder* so please beat them anytime you like LOL.

6. leigh

leigh I've got a zappy little nappy

Anway, as I was saying...only last year,
    We need to win something next season.
    Innit.
    How are we all?
    x

7. aspwatterson

Portsmouth 2 Cardiff 1 tomorrow @ Wembley

If there any gamblers out there and you put £10 down for the above score and Kanoo to get the first goal you win back £390!! Come on the Blues!! Which one though? Still in two minds...I think a safer bet would be Portsmouth to score without Cardiff scoring anything, but who knows as anything can happen in the glorious game.

andi [under medication :m20:]

8. SteveT

I got 33-1 on a Pompey win. That was nine months ago though.

9. aspwatterson

Long odds

Wot was your stake then? A grand? Bet you wish it were now. I am not a gambling man myself, one of the vices I've actually managed not to get a hold of me but did put a tenner once on Mansfield Town at 2500 to 1 and they did nearly get there.

andi :drool5: Pompey blue blood :m3: Play up Pompey:m21:Welsh harp
    :nopity:pompey chimes Cardiff FC

10. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Andi, you still recovering from your victory!

There'll be another blue team victorious next Wednesday too!:biggrin:

11. SteveT

Brilliant day yesterday. Cynical, miserable moaning git that I usually am, I loved the whole occasion - the flag waving, the singing (but not the warbling women that did Abide With Me and the National Anthems), the ticker-tape, the hugging strangers at the end, the kids with face paint, the idiots in fancy dress, the cars, vans, buses all decked out in Pompey regalia, the messages of congratulations from strangers and friends I haven't spoken to for ages...... all of it was absolutely wonderful, oh, and the football too!

Nice weather for a victory parade to Southsea common this afternoon.

Now for Europe..... to be continued.

12. SteveT

That would be telling! I had the same stake each way as well so in the end I got back about 25 times what I gambled (but it wasn't a huge amount).

13. aspwatterson

Portsmouth

Nah! Lost the bet and should have gone for 1 - 0 even though I got Kanoo as a scorer I subesequently bet 2 - 0.

Wish I was down Southsea Common this afternoon celebrating in Brains beer tents!!

andi

14. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Not in the Steve Claridge league then?

15. SteveT

I'm in a league of my own - and I'm usually nearer the bottom than the top of that.

16. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Alan Hudson

In amongst all the joyous reporting of Pompey winning the cup, the daily mail ran a story about Alan Hudson having to sell his medals to stay afloat and the fact that Chelsea with all their billions have not helped one of their favourite sons.
    Not only does this reflect the sad state of football but the picture of him looked truly awful, he is almost 57 but looked much, much older.
    After a wonderful weekend this bought me to earth with a bump.

17. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

I'm only dreaming

As I've said before, I hate Chelsea, and that news just confirms my detestation.

But, at another level, my second favourite team, after AFC-W, the Grecians from the other St James Park, made it back where they belong in the Football League.

Two promotions in one season. I can now watch the cricket in peace and hope that the Moscow final is a boring 0-0 draw AET, and that they all miss their penalties so that the gruesome gum-chewing dictator of Old Trafford has to wrestle Avram Grant to decide the outcome, with Grant to win by one fall and a submission.

18. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

I just typed a long reply to this but on trying to post, had to refresh page and log in again, losing said post. Harumph. Anyway, well done Exeter City! When I return home next weekend I trust I'll find a properly proud city :)