1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out Fighting Genghis Smith- 'Circle'

Discussion in 'Words and Music' started by Travellerman, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

At around 1.30 into this track there's a lot of 'ambient' background sound, car horns, sirens etc.... but there are also voices, possibly from a TV programme or film.

I can make out some lines such as "contact imminent!..." and "it will be my primary objective..."

Does anyone know where they are sourced from?

:D

2. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

3. Travellerman

Ha....it did cross my mind, but I was hoping for something else I suppose, well done Marcie.

You did know of this series and the Harper connection to it before, right?

:D

4. Marcie

Er.. to be honest Trav.. I have to confess ignorance. :blush: I just did a random google search to see what I could come up with and, the earliest recording I had of Roy's was Flat, Baroque and Berserk so I wouldn't have been familiar with the background... Anyway, I'd be glad to be enlightened now - thanks!

5. Travellerman

Oh...well the connection I was referring to was the song 'McGoohan's Blues' found on Folkejokeopus (the studio album before Flat, Baroque...); an 18 minute song "inspired by actor Patrick McGoohan's depiction of the establishment rebel" in that TV series.

6. Marcie

Ahaa.. thanks for that, Trav.. :)

7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I bet PD will be thinking it's sods law ...

off he goes on holiday ... and then people start talking about the Prisoner ... I think it's one of his fave shows !!?

8. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

LIVING in HARMONY

I was always freaked out by the episode "Living in Harmony" because there are no clear signs it's from The PRISONER until halfway through. This only does a better job of selling the story. #6 is a gunslinger in a Western (U.S., of course) town but he's really under mind control and other characters are just playing roles or are cardboard cut-outs.

Anyway, sounds like the quotes are from a chase to catch one escapee or another via video surveillance, the amphibian chopper and/or big balloon. I have crummy tapes I haven't watched in ages. Wonder which episode...

Marcie -- you may be too young to remember the 17-episode series from the mid 1960's, produced by McGoohan after his BBC spy show (which was its title again? Secret Agent Man, Danger Man, or something else. Was the American title different?)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  9. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Danger Man.

Bob

10. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

And the later Dangermouse.

11. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Was that one of those puppet animations? :wink::confused1: