1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone see...?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Oct 15, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

...Camille O'Sullivan on Later... last night? Phew, what a scorcher! :coolgleamA: Boys, I suggest you catch the re-run on Friday.:wink:

...the second part (of 3) of Craig Cash's comedy drama Sunshine on BBC1? I hardly get to watch TV these days, but this has been a must. Written in that funny, moving way that Cash writes in and with some lovely acting by Steve Coogan and the young boy who plays his son.

2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Funny you should mention her, I didn't see Later but have been watching clips of her on YouTube. There's a cracking version of Kirsty McColl's "In These Shoes" from Dublin Fringe, and a really funny duet with Duke Special ofThe thompson Twins' "We are detective". She is incredible. And that skirt is VERY short, not that that's a factor...

I'd love to see her live.

3. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Didn't see Sunshine but LOVE Early Doors, by the same team of Craig Cash and Phil Meeley.

4. HarperPR

Yes, In These Shoes was the one she did. But it wasn't her shoes one was drawn to!:wink:

Stephen Stills is on the extended show tomorrow.

Friendly Fires, whom I've seen twice recently, were pretty good too, as was Eliza Carthy.

5. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

just google'd her, and i must say i don't find her the least bit attractive!

i like all types, though i mainly go for redheads, but she's just plain ugly.

i'll check out her singing at a later point....

6. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

http://www.myspace.com/melaniepain Chanteuse on tour! :biggrin:

I really liked Melanie when I saw her perform in San Francisco a few years ago with Nouvelle Vague, sigh ;) (Check out her Smiths cover for something different).

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

IMHO her singing was fine enough (I prefer Kirsty MacColl's version of the song), her main 'benefit' was her way with an very wee dress and a pair of 'f-me pumps' as the Amy Winehouse song goes. And that was only enough to keep Big D in the room for 20 seconds. :wink:

(on a tangent, I am on the verge of never watching Later again after Jools' appalling and insulting "interview" with Stephen Stills - what a gentleman Stephen is not to have walked out during it - but that's another argument for another thread :angry: )

8. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Was going to reply the other week ... but forgot ... anyway thanks for this message ....

I hadn't heard of Camille until you mentioned her ... I then saw a video of her on youtube ... and then immediatley bought her DVD ... she certainly does it for me !!

Also regarding Sunshine ... I had seen it advertised ... but the clips did nothing for me ... though I did record it because it had Steve Coogan in ... though I was just about to delete them ( without watching ... to clear up some space ) but then when this thread mentioned it was the same crew as Early Doors .. I was a tad more interested ... and watch them ... Brilliant Stuff !!

9. HarperPR

Helllooo, Wobbles!

:wink::thumbup1:

10. HarperPR

ah, so now we know what rocks your boat, Chris, vis a vis Ms O'S.:wink:

I was in tears watching the final part of Sunshine! A really enjoyable drama and one I wouldn't have minded running on a bit longer.

11. wobbly bob

well, helllooo gorgeous!

yes, you're EXACTLY my type! :blushing:

12. wobbly bob

oh, man... i missed that... was it THAT bad??? jools can be a bit of a knob sometimes....! stephen stills is an absolute legend! daughter's bf's dad saw him on this tour-not seen him to ask about it yet, but you just know it was going to be awesome (dude)!

13. wobbly bob

going off on a tangent, are we...?

14. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Now come on you two!

Just because the cats away the mice will play! This ain't no dating agency site! We're just all friends in this space who hate other people who don't like our tastes in music. Rather than count how many friends you have; count how many you have lost on your choice of music!?

andi :seeya: :cuss: :m2: :banghead:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  15. scotpaulabear

Stills was TOTALLY awesome in Glasgow, okay maybe he can't hit the really high notes now but he's adjusted and it works fine - I was spellbound :biggrin: Love him love him love him... and yeah you can see he's been a big influence on Nick :biggrin:

As for the interview - grrrr! Basically he asked him 'so, you know Neil Young, what's that like', 'what's Neil Young's train set like', 'so you owned Peter Sellers' house, didn't Ringo live there too', 'what do think of Ringo not signing autographs anymore'... we were both shouting at the TV, DAMNIT MAN ASK HIM A QUESTION ABOUT HIM!!! :banghead: The only consolation is, trying to find the interview to show you I found this from the Later website - 'Johnny's Garden' *happy sigh*
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/artists/stephenstills/

16. wobbly bob

W... T.. F**k...?

17. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I was just reading that there will soon be an official release, from the vaults, of an album's worth of Stephen Stills jamming with Hendrix et al.

18. HarperPR

1. I never hate anyone who doesn't share my taste in music (only if they diss The Twang, maybe!:biggrin:).
    2. And a friend isn't a friend if they can't agree to disagree. Agreed?

19. wobbly bob

agreed! and apologies if my last post seemed aggressive, at all...

i like to think of myself as a fairly tolerant sort. there are many reasons to hate-music's just not one of them, imo.

and i'm fairly certain you wouldn't find me in the least attractive, linn! so i'm not kidding myself on that score!!!

20. scotpaulabear

Riiight. I don't follow that logic at all. Are we not able to have some sort of debate on here? :icon_bs: