1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do my eyes deceive me?

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by Wee Steve, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

I've just been spending the kids' inheritance on this year's Celtic Connections tickets and, as an afterthought, decided to check a bit further the Roddy Hart-curated (wot an orrible expression) Roaming Roots revue, when I spotted this:
    http://www.glasgowconcerthalls.com/...evue-featuring-roy-harper-and-special-guests/
    Now: Roddy's last three compilations at Celtic C (Dylan, Gerry Rafferty (2 i/c to Rab Noakes) and Levon Helm) have been superb, but this could be even more so - being marketed as "California Dreaming".
    Here's hoping.

2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I see it in the link (literally) but not in the page text... unnanounced, TBC?

3. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

I've got a horrible feeling it was just a case of sloppy website admin on their part, using an old address/link from last year's Folk Awards to cover the link to Roddy's gig - but there definitely was a short period on Tuesday when Roy's name appeared in the headline, too. It would have been an interesting show - Roddy's always are - and it is a nice game to play working out which California Dreaming-style song Roy could cover.