1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evening All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Green Man, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Green Man

Green Man Guest

Hello Everyone,

I'm Chris (AKA Green Man), and I've eventually found my way here from the old Nick Harper forum. I used to post there as Greeny06.

Unfortunately I won't be able to post here as much as the previous forum, as this site is blocked at work.

For anyone who remembers me, I'm a fan of both Nick & Roy's work.

I expect my other half will be along to register shortly. :D

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Hi there

Why is this one blocked? Have you tried the Forum link direct from harperspace.com?

3. Green Man

Green Man Guest

Yes, I have. The site is apparently "Unclassifiable" for whatever reason.

I wonder whether Phil (Fenland) has the same problem, as he works for the same organization (Civil Service) - Phil?

Apparently it is possible for us to occasionally have certain sites unblocked, but I've been told that it isn't worth the hassle!

4. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hi! I remember you! :seeya:

5. Green Man

Green Man Guest

Cheers Critch!

Heard lots about you last night (courtesy of Uriel & Nick), but failed to see you & say hello. Perhaps another time!

6. HarperPR

What did Nick say? Was that on stage (still waiting a verbatim report on what the heckling was and how it started?) or later? Hope you didn't hear anything about me - would all be...completely true - ha ha!

7. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

Well, Nick was making derogatory comments about the person that wrote the setlist and I suggested it might be Crich (mispronounced with i as in eye not itch in the middle).

Nick misheard: "Christ? He's had one or two good gigs"

So I felt the need to explain myself and it just went on from there.

8. HarperPR

Oh, great quote! May appear in the Sheffield review! That will be at 21st Century Music.

9. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Oh I've so been there :blushing:

I suspect that Nick, like many parents (like my own!), has selectively sh*t hearing :rofl:

10. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I'm sure Nick knew instantly who you meant! I didn't really mind - it was just a bit worrying when I didn't know who it was. Besides, I was hoping for a namecheck in St H, but I got one in Sheff! How random?!

11. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

It sounds like your workplace are using one of the online directories of the web that have categories assigned for sites according to the perceived naughtiness (or not) of the content. Unfortunately we might be on a sticky wicket here given that the site name includes the word "cock". I get problems with "The Stormcock mailing list" from time to time as well (the email list) for the same sort of reasons.

I still find it funny...

12. Green Man

Green Man Guest

I suspect you're right on the money there!

13. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

It became abundantly clear that Nick knew who I was on about when he pronounced your name correctly half way through.

14. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

Sounds right.
    Can you look up football clubs from work?
    Try and see how Scunthorpe got on at the weekend !!
    :rofl: guess why you cant!!:rofl:

15. Green Man

Green Man Guest

:thumbup::smilielol5: