1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free live mini-album (solo/acoustic)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr_Doom_The_Optimist, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Downloaded... 2 tracks in so far, love it!

I am putting a new RH podcast out in the next couple of weeks (no, really! I have the interview done already), want me to plug your music and perhaps play one of these tracks? I still get positive comments about "The Great RH" so I think there'd be interest.

There is also of course a standing invitation to come on the podcast and talk about your music (and Roy's of course) should you decide to go for blatant self-promotion at any point :)

P.

3. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Gosh, thanks so much!

Yeah, that would be great - please do!

OK, cheers - I'll give it some [re]thought.

Bye for now...

+A

4. Rainbow

Rainbow I've got a zappy little nappy

Just downloaded your free offering Adam ... many thanks mate and purchased DEL for good measure ... a welcome feast ... will be tucking into them both directly.:thumbup1:

Best regards ... Rainbow:)

5. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Thanks very much! Hope you like them.

+A

6. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

Top stuff Adam, familiar with a few of them already so great to hear the lives.

7. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Thanks a lot Roydan.

+A

8. Rainbow

Rainbow I've got a zappy little nappy

Hey Adam I thoroughly enjoyed both of the digital downloads, which now appear as the first two albums on my iPod (complete with artwork) and I've already put 'em both on disc to give 'em a spin on the hifi and they sound great!!
    I'm familiar with 'Death Of A Deep Sea Diver','Halo' and 'Ship Of Nothing' from the Splinters projects, if I remember rightly ... love the sparing use of percussion, effects and minimalist keys and electric guitar on BDEL which really work well on these three tracks. Love the last bonus track 'Year One' ... as a father of nine I can relate easily to that one.:wink:

Looking forward to more digital downloads in the near future ... nice job mate keep 'em coming and I'll keep buying 'em!!

Can I request 'The Great Roy Harper' track from the Splinters project be in there somewhere please? I'd love to have that one again ... in fact if the Splinters Projects were all available for download again I'd happily shell out for them.

Lastly a big compliment for you (albeit perhaps a backhanded one) from my wife as she drifted down the stairs this morning and passed the open door thro' which BDEL was playing loudly ...'Are you playing bloody Roy Harper ... again?!!'
    Ha ha!! Rare praise indeed eh?:D:D

Best regards ... Rainbow:)

9. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Wow, that's all so nice to hear. Thanks very much!

+A

10. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Leonardism +

I've slowly been digitising and loading a lot of my stuff onto BANDCAMP.

The latest album to get the reissue treatment is 'Leonardism' from 2007. Never before available digitally, 'Leonardism +' is the original album plus 3 previously unreleased bonus tracks, available as Download, CD + badge, or both. Here's a sample:

http://adamleonard.bandcamp.com/track/my-love

Thanks,
    +A