1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harper Fun Quiz time 2008!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aspwatterson, Jan 16, 2008.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

QUIZTIME FOLKS!!

:confused:

Welcome to the Forum which lets you post any question related directly/indirectly to the Harpers - whether it's their discography, lives, incidents, humorous anecdotes, thoughts, etc. anything, whatever you may think you can catch us out with obscure data!! Just post your questions and see who is the first to answer correctly. In the event of a dispute the Administrator [excluded from the Quiz] will have the last word of authority.

There is a current Harper Quiz [with prizes!] similarly on the Mistlethrush email exchange when you subscribe there. You may have to search the Archive to find it if you are a new member or I can post it here if you want. Closing date 28/1/08 1000am.

Good luck!:conehead:

Just for fun starters/hors d'oeuvres to kick off with...... [no closing date..open season!!]

1. When did Roy give up Niccotine?
    2. Who and what was involved in the 'Red Snapper' incident?
    3. Who did Roy nearly have a fight with on stage when they both thought it was their turn?
    4.What sport did Roy immerse himself in which seems contradictory to his nature?
    5.Roy's first ever major gig?
    6.Nick's first ever solo major gig
    7.Height in feet of the gig at which Nick played Everest?
    8. What does 'Clonakilty' mean?
    9.What does Debarras refer to?
    10. Sir Paul Mcartney's second christian name?

chrs
    andythequizmastermaestro:1confused1:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. aspwatterson

3. robert-tree

robert-tree Guest

Fun quiz

Tentative answers

1.Probably when he was diagnosed as very ill with his lung condition.. mid seventies?
    2. Led Zeppellin, a groupie and a fish
    3. Ginger Baker the drummer [not sure if he was in Cream then?]
    4. Pugilism [and crosswords?]
    5. Les Cousins? Year? Or Hyde Park 1? Year?
    6. Don't know.
    7.12,159 feet above sea level [guess!]
    8."clans of Caoilte" or "the stone or castle of the woods". First appears in 1378 as Clog Nakylte or Kylte Castle.
    9. Lumber room or outhouse or junk cupboard [appropiate? not!] or "good riddance" [or piss off!]
    10. Paul

rocksod roberto :blushing:

4. aspwatterson

Prize Quiz Obscura Jan 2008 for serious Harperaddicts..

RULES

Twenty questions each month devised by an honourable member of Stormcock.net or Mistlethrush email exchange to be appointed once a month.

One question is obviously unanswerable, and the wittiest reply will act as the winning point in the event of a tie/draw.. If there is still a tie/draw then the answer to question 20 will be the deciding factor on the grounds of humouros, thematic originality. Paul Davison and any Harper relation [and their proxys] are excluded from the competition. Paul Davison will act as referee for questions disputed / unknown / unanswerable.

Closing date : 28th January 2008 1000am.

Email answers to : aspwatterson@hotmail.com

PRIZES OF CHOICE

1. Latest Eagles double CD 'Long road out of Eden'

2. A pair of unwashed boxer shorts [framed] worn to Clonakilty 2007 for
    one week with original blim holes and traces of Ian's lipstick [unsigned
    by Roy unfortunately!

Plus the enviable task of setting next month's obscure questions to catch
    us all out!!

QUESTIONS

1. What street was Roy living in Manchester when he was born?

2. Which hospital [if any] was he born in?

3.What are his educational qualifications? [if any]

4.How tall is he on average in metric or imperial?

5.His shoe size? Left foot ______ Right foot _______

6. Which famous communist and also another famous scientist are buried in the Cemetary
    he sings about?

7. Chris Spedding's most famous song?

8. The street he lived in London before moving to Ireland?

9. The year he permanently moved to Ireland?

10. First album that came out when he'd moved to Ireland?

11. How many freckles on the strumming forearm of his arm when in a sleeveless t-shirt on the stage in a long hot hazy dazy summer day?

12. What does LHSF mean?

13. What does KY as in jelly mean?

14. Name of the album recently released by Matt Churchill?

15.What year was Nick Harper born in?

16.When did Roy split from Jaqui?

17. Previous girlfriend's [wife's?] name before Jaqui?

18.Which year was he seriously ill and thought he was going to die soon?

19. The famous 'rock& roll incident' with Roy which a member of the Rolling Stones recalled recently with a Stormcockian in attendance in Holyhead?

20. Your most inventive favourite nickname for Roy?

Good hunting

Andrew Watterson :confused: :confused1:
    aspwatterson@hotmail.com

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  5. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

you wore the same pair of boxers for a whole week????
    eeeewwwwww

6. aspwatterson

Harper Fun Quiz January 2008

6.Nick's first ever solo major gig?

No one has answered it yet and the first to do so correctly [and verfied by the powers that be]will win a signed postcard from Roy himself from Ireland when I retrieve it from the storage area in the Homeless hostel when I find accomodation.

chrs
    andythequiz:confused::confused1::w00t:

7. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

do we take that as a yes then????

8. aspwatterson

Quiz Obscura Jan 2008

No comment...

Well actually it's all in jest just to entertain...

At Camp Cock they did actually have showers but the rain did the trick anyway...

"Why does it always rain on me? Was it because I smoked Thai Sticks at fourteen?"

Watching "Withnail" last night absolutely hilarious.. have you seen it ??

aw :sifone:

9. aspwatterson

Prize Quiz Harper Obsura Jan 2007

The deadline for responding to this Quiz has now been extended to :

1000am 4th February 2008

chrs
    aspwatterson@hotmail.com

10. aspwatterson

Fun Quiz

11. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I am still stuck on Q1: What street was Roy LIVING ON in Manchester WHEN HE WAS BORN? Eh? Think about it...or does it subtlely allude to reincarnation?!

Do you mean me as a proxy or the real Linda on this board?

Yours
    in confusion

12. aspwatterson

Quiz Obscura Jan 2007

I was actually refering to the Fun Quiz question [2 quizes going on.. one for fun and the other for a prize]... sorry might have confused people starting two at the same time?!

Fun quiz then : Nick's first major solo gig? Don't worry if you deem yourself a proxy we just want to know the answer if there is one?

Who is the other Linda then adnil...@....?

andi

13. aspwatterson

Harper Quiz Obscura Jan 2008

Dear all/

Due to the underwhelming response to the Quiz, and, considering the Government have put me on a course for 2 weeks [so I have difficulty communicating via Internet at the moment] , the closing date is extended until 1000am 29th February 2008 [leap year!]. Even if you only know or can guess only some of the answers you can still win the Prize!

cheers
    andi watterson
    Reply with answers to : aspwatterson@hotmail.com

:cheers2::gnorsi::thumbup1:

14. aspwatterson

Quiz resurrected

Just been reminded by Alan Cabel on the Mistlethrush email exchange that I should have concluded this Quiz and he's been biting his nails for the answers.
    My personal problems recently [homelessness,solicitors,hotmail not working properly etc. etc.] have contributed to my laxness. Funny enough Roy writes about his shoe size and height in a recent contribution to this site which I hadn't realised! And Nick has mentioned his first gig recently in a Pod. I also thought that due to the underwhelming response that :

1. People are fed up with me and filtered me out of their system
    2.None of you like the Prize on offer
    3.Some questions asked are of a personal nature [eg Roy's previous addresses and relationships]
    4.The questions are too easy to be taken seriously
    5.Nobody knows the answers and don't wish to appear ignorant by only supplying a few
    6.I was getting paranoid like a real loony on the bus and give you all a break for a while
    7.Most of you who know the answers are proxies of Roy & Nick and excluded?
    8.Some of the questions are too silly to contemplate [like the quizmaster!]

Anyway all I can say is that the Prize is still there and the closing date extended to the end of April 2008 and don't be shy if you only know some of the answers. Send them to aspwatterson@hotmail.com.

Then we can move on to someone who can set us a fiendish Quiz which will keep us guessing and researching until Christmas. How many days to Xmas then? Sorry! Ha! Ha!

Cheers
    Andy :biggrin:

15. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I'd go for 3, 5 and 8!:D

No-one is going to get all of them, and the last is open anyway and more up to you. Plus, I think folk are a bit apathetic when it comes to quizzes. I'd probably give in if I were you.:(

16. aspwatterson

Quizzical people on the magical mystery bus ????

Well, we'll let it ride until closing date, it's just that Alan prompted me out of my inertia and he's gonna get the prize if no one else is interested. Or perhaps I could win it myself because I ain't excluded!!

chrs
    andi :w00t: