1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey man, what's your star sign?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Mar 28, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

What's everyone's star sign? Are you typical of its characteristics?

I'm a Libran and I think it's fairly true of me. I also find that a lot of my friends are either Gemini or Cancer. Am a bit wary of Scorpios and Virgos though!:D

2. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

cancerian here, typical i'm told. cook alot! loads of kids, bit fiesty, but soft underneither :blushing:

3. HarperPR

Moody?:biggrin:

4. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

um yea, and your point ms harperpr? :blush:

5. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I'm a Pisces apparently we are imaginative, sensitive, escapist and idealistic! On the other hand we're also weak willed and easily led! :rofl:

6. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Errrrr, I'm a Cancerian too, never cook, no kids, not too feisty and I'm not sure what's underneath (part soft / part hard).

Leo cusp you see ;)

7. Mia

Mia I've got a zappy little nappy

8. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Yes I'm a taurus.............

xx

9. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Someone's got to say it: In my opinion astrology is a complete load of bunkum and has no place in a rational world. All it serves to do is illustrate the brain's amazing ability to interpret the world in a way to make "facts" fit "theories" for those that believe.

Hmm, sounds a bit like religion, doesn't it?

10. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Star sign? I don't have one.

11. philmch

philmch I've got a zappy little nappy

Quite right Paul. Well said.

There is more attraction between you and that computer you're sitting in front of than there is between you and the moon.

Long live science, rational thought, and downright empiricism.

12. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Scorpio. mwahahahahahahaha etc...

13. HarperPR

You're Scorpio?!?!:w00t: I'm watching your tail from now on.

14. Travellerman

Maybe noone else said it, because noone actually "believes" it, one can still have fun ;)

And do we really live within, and upon, a "rational world"?

15. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Mine is. Yours may not be, but I live my life based on my own definition of rationality, and I can rationalise the behaviour of others that behave in what would commonly be perceived as an irrational manner.

16. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Astrologically speaking..

Agreed, as Patrick Moore in Cosham said at the end of his lecture many moons ago... but according to the nonsensical quasi-science they call Astrology I am a Capricorn...tall, dark,intelligent,handsome and mysterious and I could probably start to believe it!

andi

17. Travellerman

As do those those who follow a particular religion for example, but then religion isn't rational... is it? So do we live within and upon a 'rational world'?

And as for the influence of the planets, well obviously we are affected by a couple of them in very obvious ways ;) and hasn't it been shown that crime rates increase under a full moon? Isn't it also possible that a child born in June would experience the world around in a different way from one born in December, and that those early environmental experiences could affect character (to some degree).

18. HarperPR

Yay, good point, Batman. And...as the moon has influence over the tides and we as humans are made up of water, would we not therefore be correspondingly affected? Eh? Eh?:D

19. Watcher

Watcher Computer stained fingers

Even if this were true (and I am extremely dubious about it) the way that the so called astrological experts interpret the data seems to me to be at best extremely unscientific and at worst deliberately deceitful.

20. HarperPR

And what sign are you?:biggrin: