1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's oh so quiet.....!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by critch, Jan 9, 2009.

1. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Why is no one talking? Is everyone caught up in depression caused by the cold weather and the re...re...rece....credit crunch?

2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

3. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Only just logged on - been corresponding with mortgage companies, potential employers etc and reading the paper this morning. Now I'm here, I don't actually have much to say ... I did play Me and My Woman to my Mum yesterday. She seemed quite amused/bemused... preferred it to Levon Helm singing Little Bird anyway (had my "Bird Songs" compilation in the slot in my "new" car (well, 4-year-old replacement for the company car that got taken away on Monday)). Any luck with your job searching?

4. critch

None so far thanks Bob, but I shall keep looking! It does feel a bit like I'm :beatdeadhorse5:.

I have to really watch mypod when I stick it in the car when I'm not on my own. Amongst the great wonders which are on there, I have Derek and Clive being seriously offensive - which they do so wonderfully well I think!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0A8lm3CHe4k

5. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Me too - Joan Crawford is particularly offensive!!! I have D&C Come Again on my iPod. Shuffle Mode occasionally catches me unawares ...

6. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Hello, where is everyone? All gone quiet!

London set for more snow tonight, according to the Met office. NO! I've had enough of that bloody white stuff! We've had no post deliveries or rubbish collection this week, nor have the side roads been gritted - and I've still got the last remnants of snow and ice from Sunday/Monday's deluge in front of the house. Enough!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  7. critch

It's pure all gone here! Still a bit chilly. Had to deice the cars this morning.

It has been a bit quiet. I've made an effort today to post early! Get the ball rolling and that! I do have a tendency to wait till a few others have posted stuff before I reply!

Now Ms PR. I've still got a lot on - I'm decorating for Fozz's mum while I have time, and I've got some bits and bobs to do at my mum's as well as trickling on with this boat project, but send me a e-myther or something with stuff I can do for this next tour. I've done naff all except get Fred West famous of late!

8. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

huh? (message arbitrarily lengthened to more than 10 characters)

9. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Quiet-titti [and beer]-tude

Shush! I'm busy!

andi :m16:

10. critch

11. HarperPR

Have you included that on your CV? :wink: (How many can say they've been called a freak by The Guardian). Along with being the (co-!) creator of a 'MySpace phenomenon'!

That Dickie Burn thing gave me one of my biggest laughs of last year (along with SimonF's 'Komedia incident'!:biggrin:). I still can't talk about either without falling down laughing! And the way Rosie Swash answered back about your voting 500 times or something for Katy Perry too!!!

12. HarperPR

Gone quiet here again...

13. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

14. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Fave rave

This was my getting married anthem!! My beautiful young wife used to do the ironing whilst waggling her hips to it in Bahrain and singing it at the top of her voice! It's not a bad rendition of something for a divorce accompaniment as well! Don't reckon Roy could reach some of those high notes now though!?

cheers
    andisean :D:m2:

ps Shaun - my old mate [whom we call 'mudshark' or 'Frank Zappa'] Geoff Lock in Cardiff is looking for Zappa fans to correspond with. Have tried to turn him on to Harper as well. His email addy is mudsharkinn@msn.com. Let me know if you touch base with him and you can mention my name. Mind you he'll probably refer to me as 'Roy Harper'! He's even got tomes on FZ which he reads with reverence. Saw FZ at Knebworth but don't ask me the year!