1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January 21st

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Jan 21, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

So how was today for you? Apparently Jan 21 is the most depressing day of the whole year. Fact.

Apart from the rotten wet and windy weather, my day was pretty good. Probably 6/10.

2. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

It was OK for me but I wouldn't have enjoyed being a stockbroker living by the river in Leeds!

3. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

yesterday was fine, today however ...... already got 2 bills through the post that are WRONG! by quite a lot and me not a happy bunny!

amor mundi

hatty :)

off to kick some butt!

4. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

was OK for me after a bad start due to heavy traffic getting to work, workload was manageable, boss went home at lunchtime, spent the evening with creative pursuits, which I may tell you about someday. :biggrin:

5. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

My day was varied. I conducted an interview in the morning for the next podcast, which went very well, and I think people will like it, but I have a scary amount of editing to do (the person in question can really talk). I then turned my attention to real work and dealt with a number of problems. After that we had the remains of Sunday's roast beef (sorry veggies!) and I then had my regular Monday night online gaming hookup with some friends.

I'd say it was OK, and certainly not depressing.

6. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I found out Portishead is getting back together and touring (and playing Edinburgh! :biggrin: ) and also got tickets to see Frank Sidebottom and Charlie Chuck at the Glasgow comedy festival, so that makes up for how crap work is/was... :blushing:

And it's only 3 days to payday, woo hoo!:w00t:

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Well, it was 21st LAST year, but this year it's tomorrow, 19th. Third Monday of January is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year! I think it's more a financial thing (probably more applicable this year than most) with the bills coming in after the Xmas splurge.

Have a nice day!:)

8. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I'be been looking forward to it !!

only a 3 day work week this week and tomorrow starts off the week with a Richard Thompson gig ... then 2 Nick and 1 Shooglenifty gigs later on !! I must admit I am skint ... but hey that's never stopped me having a good time yet !!

9. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Oh god! I'm already popping happy pills, the last thing I need is a properly depressing day rather than the ones that I just think are depressing! Oh well. At least Ronnie won the snooker!

10. pete c

Where'd you get your happy pills Critch? a local supplier? gimme some!

11. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

My local GP supplies me with them! If you really want some I can give you a list of symptoms to real off! :D

12. pete c

Get thee to see Duke Special on Sunday in Manchester. He'll cheer you up. Strange that actually, cos most of the songs are about failed relationships, but somehow you feel better for hearing them. Hmm.

13. scotpaulabear

I'm well looking forward to the Duke on Thursday. Oh and the other guy too :wink:

14. pete c

And if an onstage collaboration should ensue, we will need proof. So take your camera! (rememebers manners - *please*)

15. scotpaulabear

But of course! I'm a freakin' lady me :D

16. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Smiley happy people holding hands?

Just been to honour and bury my next door neighbour. She amazingly was born in the same room that she died in. She never travelled anywhere apparently. Her brother looked after her for many many years in the family house which she returned to when her had husband died. He's a bit distraught and I am trying my best to look after him. It is very hard when someone so close disappears out of your life for ever. Routine things still reoccur mentally and catch you unawares and I remember my lovely Tilly the terrier who I was still bending down to pick up sticks in the park to throw even when she had been gone for a month.

Well someone started the most depressing day of the year thread and I'm just joining in to help you cry in your custard!

chrs
    andi

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  17. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

i spent the day by the sea - swimming and reading my book, sunning myself etc :)

18. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

best day ever, thanks!

19. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Best Day Ever?

The day 4 million people in Washington D.C. are recovering from their inauguration hangover? (At least 3 million of whom have no media credentials!)

I would imagine at least half of you will be thankful the WORLD has a new POTUS in this OBAMA-Nation.

Smile, dammit!:D We have nowhere to go but up (too many dioxins, heavy metals and PCBS in the soil).

20. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

yup, best day ever. probably 'cos i didn't see anything on tv about some white guy, somewhere, starting a job 2 years after he applied for it!