1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January 21st

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Jan 21, 2008.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Black sumpemo

New word on the tv this morning - which is a bit of a mouhful to say - OBAMABELIA - collecting memorabilia of Obama which they reckon will be worth a fortune on Ebay in a years time..

Okay he's good on rhetoric so far and aping past strong leaders but now the job starts today and just looking at the UK fiscal news yesterday he's certainly got a lot on his hands. Funny how Israel just pulled out of Gaza in time eh? So his new presidency wouldn't be tainted perhaps? Blame it all on Bush and write the line under history now. It seems to be generally regarded that Bush's legacy was a failure in so many ways, and the only people who will want to read his autobiography are Nixonphiles, Hitlerphiles, or depressive historians / warmongerers. If he had feelings he'd be too ashamed to write it I think. Let's give BO [!] a chance anyway but it's got to be an international team effort to just keep the finger in the dyke at the moment.

chrs
    andi

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Well done Shane!

You've depressed us even further! Having spent many years in the boiling meltpot [in more ways than one; not just meteorologically] of the Middle East I actually prefer to be in cooler climes. But not this b***** cold!

chrs
    andi :angry: :banghead::sneaky2:

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Yesterday was actually a nice one for me - not a blue one at all! A real Manic Monday (a manic Tuesday too) and a few gremlins in the computer works, but lots of positivity.

And btw, January 21 this year is National Hug Day, so be sure to give one!

4. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

It was a good day for me as I learned my bank account will swell a bit. Plans are afoot for a short hop and a few nights somewhere.....hmmmm :D