1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Led Zep

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pd, Dec 10, 2007.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Well, despite my misgivings about the whole reformation thing (see podcast comments and emails on the "luddite" email list) I now really wish I had a ticket and was going tonight. I also happen to know that a certain Mr Harry Rope is going. Is anyone from here going tonight? I'd love to hear about how it went.

Hopefully there'll be a way of listening to it tomorrow morning :angelsad2:

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

LZ reformation gig

Les Carter (sometimes uses psuedonym Les Slater) is going tonite with his bro. Not sure if he's a Stormcock-netter (not nutter!) but he does attend the old luddite list and Vine list occasionally. Give him an email nudge for a review maybe? Still think he's mad as he could have sold a pair of tickets for tens of thousands of Sterling Pounds!!

aw

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Did anyone go and see Led Zep last night? The reviews all seem pretty ecstatic. But for me Plant is no longer the iconic rock/sex god he was of the 70s - but he did at least keep his shirt buttoned, ha!

I'm seeing Kings of Leon tomorrow at Wembley - now that's a band who can wear a tight pair of trousers!

4. pd

The youtube clips I've seen - of Black Dog, Stairway, Kashmir and Good Times Bad Times - all look pretty good. Plant has a lower register now and they appear to have tuned some of the songs down to suit, but then again Roy does that also :)

If they do tour, I'd go and see them even though they are getting on a bit.

5. pd

I'm listening to the show now (the Internet is a wonderful thing) and it's excellent! The biggest surprise to me is that Page can still play... I have to admit I had written him off in my mind since he's been so out of the public eye lately and I kept hearing unpleasant jibes about alcoholism. I had even thought that the broken finger was a ploy to buy more rehearsal time. I take it all back!

6. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Where have you found the clips Paul?

7. pd

Probably shouldn't talk about this too much but there's a complete audience recording up on Dime now (see the Live Recordings forum for info about that!).

8. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Copyright

Warners have had most of the O2 stuff removed from you tube

9. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

10. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

I was pleasantly surprised

... by the footage of the band that I managed to see on youtube.com before they yanked it off there. Plant sounded in great voice, much to my surprise!

11. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

thanks for the tip off! theres so many seeders that i downloaded that in no time. page really is on form - very tight playing. ive always loved his rhythm guitar playing (especially on houses of the holy, physical graffiti and presence) and been less fond of the solos but its all good here. in my time of dying is deadly :biggrin:

12. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

13. HarperPR

Jimmy Page has apparently intimated a world tour is in the offing, in the future, allegedly...

14. pd

I'd like to see them, I have to admit, and on the basis of the O2 show, it should be good. Bit worried about the cost though. Let's start the campaign right here for Roy to support with a reformed Trigger.

15. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Now that would be worth seeing!!

16. pd

Some snippets from the official Led Zep forums, in the thread http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=1618 (Who would you choose to support Zeppelin?)
    Admittedly, the majority of contributions appear to be wanting crappy American hard rock (Aerosmith etc) or no support at all.

17. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hmmm, while I'm waiting to register and wade in... :D
    Nick totally held his own opening for Robert Plant a few years ago at the Barrowlands, in fact I've met at least 20 people at shows in Scotland who say that's the first time they'd heard him and they'd been fans ever since!

18. Green Man

Green Man Guest

The first quote was mine! :w00t: Zeppelin are my favourite band.

Looks like their will be a tour, despite Plant's protestations to the contrary.

Oh, and there are now NINE (count 'em) sources for the O2 gig. It doesn't look like anything official will surface anytime soon, if at all. A few technical problems, apparently!

19. HarperPR

Book yer hols for June to Tennessee, Zep fans! They are headlining the Bonnaroo Festival.

20. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar