1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Levs in St Helens - Critch!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Jul 14, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Just for you, Critch, the Levs are doing a free gig right on your doorstep on Aug 9!:m18:

I hope you will be going!

2. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hell yeah! Sign me up for a bunch of tickets...

3. HarperPR

No tickets - FREEEE!:biggrin:

4. critch

Cool. Good stuff. So how much are the free tickets?

5. critch

I've just noticed - I'm a loony on the bus. Any one remember this theme tune:

We're wacky, we're toony.
    We're all a little loony,
    and in this cartoony we're invading your tv!

So i must have gone to acme looniversity!

Anyways, back to the thread, i think i may have a family thing going on that weekend so i'll see about the gig.

6. HarperPR

I simply cannot believe you would miss this wonderful opportunity! It's in the square outside Town Hall. (Did we cover that on the St Hels highlights tour? :biggrin:)

7. critch

Sadly no! We missed it by a matter of yards. If you remember, lil alan took us on a worst places to go tour!

But if ya come out of the sefton and go left up the hill then it brings you out at the square.

8. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

Ah, St Helens

It's over 20 year since I lived there (in Thatto Heath, since you ask)
    but I remember drinking in the Royal Alfred by Shaw Street station (now Central) once and finding that it had one of the early video jukeboxes. Doubting that there would be anything on there other than Dire Straits, we still had a look.
    Surprise, surprise - there was Advertisment by Roy. We stayed all afternoon and put it on about 14 times.
    Even the bar staff were singing the chorus after that - subliminal advertising on all levels.
    Hopefully I'll be back in town for the Levs.

9. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

cool beans!

This is the eclectica thing, I went last year (Bunnymen) and year before (Ian McNabb, Michael Franti).

It usually rains.

Will I be able to not buy tickets from the usual outlets?

10. HarperPR

11. HarperPR

Amsterdam are also confirmed for this. Very good band - fit lady fiddler too.:wink:

This has the makings of a great day. If I didn't have so much else on and it was slightly nearer, I'd be there.

12. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

I will be away, out of the country :(

13. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

Shed Seven and Levellers are heading to St.Helens...

Britpop stars Shed Seven and festival favourites the Levellers will be the headline acts at this summer's free Eclectica Music Festival in St.Helens.

The free concert takes place in Victoria Square on Saturday 9th August from 12 noon, providing nearly ten hours of exciting and innovative entertainment, combining established acts and flourishing new talent, including The Maybes? and Amsterdam.

Shed Seven's Eclectica set list is sure to delight their devoted fan base with classics 'Going for Gold', 'Chasing Rainbows' and 'Getting Better'. The Levellers will be appearing fresh from an acclaimed performance at Glastonbury, performing at Eclectica as a key date in their 20th anniversary year and just two days before they release their latest album Letters from the Underground on August 11th.

For more information visit www.myspace.com/eclecticamusicfestival or telephone 01744 755150

...then there's the Launch Party AND the Aftershow Party at The Citadel

To launch this year's Eclectica Music Festival the St.Helens Musicians Collective with support from Love Music Hate Racism is hosting a special FREE event at The Citadel on Saturday 2nd August with The Loungs, The Prelude and The Monte Christo Blondes. Doors open at 8pm and tickets are available now from The Citadel Box Office.

Then following the Eclectica Music Festival, The Citadel is hosting the Official Eclectica Aftershow Party featuring a DJ set from Shed Seven's very own Rick Witter and live performances from El Policia and Our Fold.
    Doors open at 9pm, tickets for this event are £10 and are available from The Citadel Box Office on 01744 735436 or on-line at www.citadel.org.uk

14. HarperPR

Amsterdam on 5.15
    Levs 6.15
    Shed Seven 8.00

Opens 12.00. Closes 9.15.

So wish I was going.:( But with long journeys tomorrow and Friday, just couldn't face more hours on a train again on Saturday.