1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LHSF Rhondda and Snowdon Rocks

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by katrina, Jun 23, 2009.

1. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Rhondda Rocks will be happening this weekend with guests including the Automatic and Stuart Cable band Killing for Company.

If anyone would care to join us for either trek please contact me on
    katrinac@kcopping.fsnet.co.uk

Snowdon will also include a post climb party for all walkers including special guests too.

Many thanks

Love Kxx

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Love The Automatic! Seen them a couple of times. Wish I'd known they'd be there!:angry: Now, Katrina, if you plan on getting The Twang involved with anything....you MUST MUST MUST tell me and I might even don my hiking boots for that.:biggrin:

3. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

I'll...

I'll be there...soz only got a single seater car & tent! Buying booties tomorrow!

c/a

4. katrina

well there is still time to join us on saturday even for the gig - tickets available via see tickets - just do a search for mike peters and also the automatic are joining us hopefully for the climb
    xxx

5. aspwatterson

Mike Peters

Well here we have a rather pertinent Youtube clip here which includes South Wales, Rhondda, Joanna Lumley, Mike Peters and a great song! I've left a comment below on Youtube. Am travelling down tomorrow now; looking at the thunderstorms predicted today! Hopefully there will be tickets available at the door for the gig after the climb?

[youtube]t0EX6xY8aig[/youtube]

chrs
    andi

ps Don't he look a bit like his early Royness without the beard?

pps Someone just recommended the film about Anvil - a funny one about a struggling rock band. Must look it up....

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  6. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

So, Andi, Katrina, are we going to get a lowdown on the mountain trek then? Or are you still all in recovery?:D

7. aspwatterson

Just returned...

Night night...work in the morning with my newly acquired blisters as a symbol of pride. Mike and Katrina are truly wonderfully uplifting people...very impressed...see you tomorrow..

chrs
    andi

8. Owen

Owen I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi Andy,
    Good to meet you on the Rhondda Rocks walk, and have popped in to say hello, as promised. Hope you got your vehicle sorted OK and enjoyed Snowdon as much as I did on the first one - Will try to post some Nick Harper clips from it - once I've found somewhere to hold them.

Here's details of what Mike Peters & Co. played during the first Rhondda Rocks walk / the evening on Sat 27th June 2009:
    http://thealarm.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8651007381/m/215104611

And a few videos from the evening on u-tube, have links from here
    http://thealarm.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3491080152/m/6511075233

I see Nick Harper is doing Philly Rocks, in the USA, this time:
    http://thealarm.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3491080152/m/974104121
    A bit further to travel for it, though...

Owen

9. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Thanks for that Philly Rocks link, Owen! Will put up the info ASAP. Super psyched for this! :svengo:

And welcome to the board :biggrin:

10. aspwatterson

Thanks Owen

Nice to meet you as well mate and will put my pics & vids up here when I got the right mini USB cable. You can embed vids on here from Youtube etc. by putting the basic URL addy inside [youtube] and then same with a / in front of youtube afterwards but you prob know that already. Off to the Bakers Arms in Basingstoke for open mic comedy night and then open mic later at the Rhu Bar. Catch you later.

chrs
    andi
    ps Had to abandon vehicle in Cardiff but still did Snowdon and wait for Japan to airfreight spare part.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  11. katrina

12. aspwatterson

Thankx

Thankx..still trying to sort photos / vids uploads this end...sumtymes I just send it to PD in the post to work his magic...I know that's cheating; but Grandad sumtime have troub wit his Gramofone analogue-visuality! Keeping up with the latest tecknology woe/man! Man / Woman-kind. Have now purchased a mini mini USB connect 4 me newnokia so watch this space in time if you are still there..please don't predecease me, coz I will definitely get annoyed... at your early demise...and peril... perilous seas surrounding..ask the whales etc...

c/a green planetary influenza