1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luka Bloom live in Amsterdam.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHAUN I, Nov 17, 2008.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

For any Luka Bloom fans:
    Tomorrow on the Fab Channel, Luka Bloom's concert will be broadcast live at 7.3O from the Paradiso in Amsterdam, I for one will be tuning in.

Cheers - Shaun.

http://www.fabchannel.com/luka_bloom_concert :m8:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Brilliant, I too will be tuning in.

I've been watching Fabchannel a lot lately, the sets by Elbow and Josh Ritter are really, really, really good.
    See how much Josh Ritter is enjoying himself and try not to smile too!

3. pete c

damn, missed it due to relatives visiting, what with it being my birthday an all....... :closedeyes:

Never mind, I'll watch it later.

4. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

A cracking concert, I'm really impressed with the sound and picture quality on Fabchannel, It sounded very crisp and clear with no background noise at all when pumped through the headphones. What a brilliant performer Luka Bloom is, I love his studio stuff and this Live concert was brilliant. Lots of positive audience participation, he had the audience in the palm of his hand at times with some amazing emotionally heartfelt songs such as one he dedicated to a friend that had passed away in January.
    Such an accomplished guitarist and some beautiful rythms and finger picking work which were almost flamenco like. I can see some LB influence in a lot of Nick Harper tracks actually, a solid performer and a very down to earth guy.

The man did good! I'm looking forward to catching a gig when he's next in the north of England.

5. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

You snuck that in quietly! Was it a big number? 60?:rofl:

Many happy returns.

6. pete c

This is now available online in the Fabchannel archive, just search for Luka Bloom.

It's a cracking concert, Luka is a most engaging & talented performer, I guarantee you'll love it. I love his guitar work on "Eastbound Train". Makes me want to go see him live ASAP, pity he's off to Australia.

He's looking a bit like a younger Terry Wogan these days though.

Live music is great innit? Much better than Radio 2.

7. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Although to be fair, what isn't? Oh yeah, Incest and Morris Dancing, I forgot!