1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life has changed!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Mar 5, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I just have to tell someone this! You all know I am a complete and utter idiot when it comes to anything remotely technical. Well having had LOADS of trouble with the Web n Walk since Friday and basically getting told all manner of rubbish by T mobile, I just had a fiddle, downloaded Opera Mini 4 - and my life has changed.:w00t: It's very weird after what I was using on the phone because this is exactly like using a small screen computer, but BRILLIANT! I can get into MySpace, into hotmail and edit drafts and attachments, everything I need, that I couldn't do before. Why didn't someone tell me!:angry:

2. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

cos i assumed everyone used opera mini for internet on mobiles;)

been using it since rc1... but then i think i been using opera since v3 many many years ago....

for those that dont know what it is, its a web browser for mobiles that rerenders screens in 1 of 2 ways.. either the actual page with zoom options etc, or a specially rendered version of the page designed to fit on a mobile phone screen.. .because the rendering is done on operas servers, not the mobile its quicker as well (and cheaper) becuase the page you are downloading has alreayd been converted..

works with all java phones..

http://mini.opera.com

3. HarperPR

:p Yeah, it would go into that from the WnW. But a lot different. And as I said, with this I can access more than I could before. T mobile were insisting I needed either a new SIM card or new phone!:angry: I still can't get WnW. One problem is that MySpace won't change to English from...Dutch? German? God knows what I've been messaging!:biggrin:

4. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Just downloaded it. It's good isn't it? I had version 3 point something or other, but that wasn't a patch on this. Similar to what fozz has on her n73. Good stuff.

5. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

Yep, Opera's awesome. I still use my mobile browser for most stuff, as I have a download limit but if I want to get on a forum like this when I'm away from a computer there's no better option.

6. critch

I got unlimited browsing on my contract last year, and it's fantastic. I think it's 7.50 a month. Although in theory it's unlimited they do have a fair usage policy so i have to be a bit careful if i plug in to my computer, but as i haven't a laptop, it's not too much of an issue.

7. HarperPR

Fair usage policy - heck I must have gone through at least a month's 'fair use' overnight! It really takes a lot of power though. At this rate I shall have my finger permanently stuck in the power socket!

8. HarperPR

Has everyone uploaded the new Opera version - or am I last again!:biggrin:

9. critch

Got it the other day, but doesn't seem to be much different. Probably bug fixes and stuff.

10. HarperPR

Click on Opera Mini in your Bookmarks. Seems a little faster. And you'll notice the difference when keying in a www address. Looks like it depends on what type of phone you have and if you have JSR-75 (wassat?:confused1:) to be able to do a lot more.