1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick at Marlborough Azuza - Sun 1st September 2013

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by bigchris, Sep 2, 2013.

1. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Nick’s gig in Marlborough was good – outside which was nice ( for us ) – but it meant he was been pestered by wasps (!) … so he found a good use for a Sun newspaper – as a swatter, so no broken strings during the songs – but he did have to swat a few wasps mid-song !! He must have played 8 or 9 new songs and for his encore ( which I think he was genuinely surprised to get ) someone shouted out for “Guitar Man” – but I shouted out for “Shine on you Crazy Diamond” – which again he was surprised about, but very happy to play it – even though he couldn’t remember the words ?!? ( he’d only played it at his last gig a week ago ?! ) – the intro guitar was just superb ( & I’m not joking ! ) and he sang the first verse and then asked the crowd for help, eventually some bloke walked up to the stage with a mobile phone with the lyrics on and he stood there while Nick read them and sang them – brilliant stuff !!

As this was his official CD launch gig, he did seem to sell quite a few ( based on the queue for him to sign it ) and I spoke to the guys in Sound Knowledge ( the excellent record shop that was selling the CDs ) about Nick doing next year's Record Shop day to promote the release of Riven on vinyl - he seemed well up for it ( which you'd expect ) but didn't actually know anything about it - oops !!

2. Moth

Moth I've got a zappy little nappy