1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ The Legendary Labour Club, Northampton - Sep 14 2013

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by bigchris, Sep 16, 2013.

1. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I went to this gig at the Legendary Labour Club ( is it just me who has never heard of this legendary venue before ?!? ) and the venue had a mixture of a charming place crossed with an absolute dump !! The acoustics were great though and I commented on Facebook how great the crowd ( of about 40 ) was ... but sods law as soon as I'd posted that, 3 idiots started to spoil the show for the rest ... and to some extend Nick !

One guy had verbal diarrhoea ... and although he did some good banter with Nick between the songs, he then continued with the banter to his 2 mates during the songs - he even tried talking to me a couple of times; until I told him where to go - he then said "I've been watching Nick for 25 years ... bla ... bla ... bla" - I just walked away !!

Great set though ... similar to Hertford's, but in a completely different order !? The rest of the crowd were very appreciative of his nyon 2 and 1/2 hour set - though a good 20 minutes of that was talking politics ... Nick pretty much dissing all political parties off ... including the Labour Party ... which was pretty brave of him !!

If anyone has the opportunity to go to the venue for a gig - I would NOT walk there alone - the area looked well dodgy, with loads of folk just hanging around every street corner ... I'm glad to say I've been to this Legendary venue ... but I won't be rushing back for more !!

2. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Maybe it's legendary for being a ****hole.

3. Lurkalot

Lurkalot I've got a zappy little nappy

I don't remember saying I've been watching nick for 25 years and I don't remember being told where to go, blah blah, and I only had 4 pints before you pull that one, dream on joker.