1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oasis split... a nation mostly says "yawn"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scotpaulabear, Aug 28, 2009.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Surprised it didn't happen years ago to be honest... and maybe it should have!
    http://www.nme.com/news/nme/47001

(hmmm who doubts Liam's sick note now? :wink: )

2. WrexTheDragon

WrexTheDragon I've got a zappy little nappy

A big publicity stunt.

Give them a month and they will kiss and make up.

3. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Who cares?

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Well...

Well LPR was on a Twitter exchange with Liam recently so she should! Wonder what the tweety conversations will be about now? And what was the latest tiff all about? Men or boys behaving dreadfully as multi-millionaires. Perhaps she keeps in touch with them coz they're famously infamously famous?

They had a picture of Noel throwing a can of beer in the paper the other day billed as the best rock & roll photo taken. The world is going upside down.

c/a - get me out of here I'm a non-entity. Thank God! In the dearth of my passion.

LPR - check you Hotmail for something completely different/private.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  5. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

It's not a publicity stunt. And Liam was ill for the second V night. But those brothers have been having fist fights for..well, forever really, so it's not too suprising. They've been communicating via Twitter for most of this tour! But whether or not they've 'split'? Depends on what Liam and the others decide to do and all the legal ramifications of who owns the name. It'll keep one of my cousins happy - he's LG's lawyer.

I think Alan McGee broke the news (as he would) first, although not on Twitter which he didn't say anything on until later. But I heard news about 10pm via a Guardian editor who I think got it from Alan before it went up on Oasisnet - at least bloody NME weren't in there first (not that I have anything against them *snigger, laugh*) as all the ****ers were at Reading, although Conor heard about 11pm.

Glad I caught them at the Roundhouse now, if it is to be the last of Oasis, especially as most who had seen them before and were there that night recokoned it to be one of the best shows ever.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  6. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Much as I think they haven't done anything of note in the past few years except act like d1cks, Oasis continuing without Noel would be like the Jam getting back together without Weller... and yes I know the Jam ARE back together without Weller, I rest my case :thumbdown:

7. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I'm with you on that Trav, to me they come in the categories of, a) if the radio is on in the car I perhaps know the song, but only because it's been wheeled out so many times, and, b) background supermarket music! IMHO of course, their record sales may say otherwise, but this as we know is not a true indicator of how great a band is..:D

8. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Or like when Fish left Marillion !! IMHO neither the band or Fish solo actually released a decent CD after the split ... neither individual party actually managed to find the "spark" of the orginal line up. Though saying that ... I reckon Noel ( as he has the skills, the tallent and the attitude ) has a great chance of making it big solo ... without his t**t of a brother ... in fact I'm quite chuffed with the news that they have split !!

on that note ... I have fallen out slightly with Google because of their homepage today ... I just hope they are not going to drag that one up every year from now ... surely there are more worthy people/events they could celebrate !?!

9. HarperPR

Yes - The Twang!!! Cos they need a bit of help right now.:D

But they are going to smash it in Brum at the Academy, mark my words. I get to interview too - and Chris, your gripe about the short set I intend to put to them...together with your address in case they wish to 'discuss' further.:biggrin:

10. bigchris

s

the short sets !!

Reading - 40 minutes
    High Wycombe - 60 minutes

I must admit though, their latest CD is slowly growing on me !! Well, this week, I've been listening to the new Arctic Monkeys CD ... trying not to slit my wrists while listening to it ... then I put the new Twang CD on ... and that certainly lifts me up !!

bring 'em on !!

11. Travellerman

Ahem... Fish's last album, 13th Star, is probably the best thing he's done for ages and Marillion haven't done too badly, Brave / Marbles / Happiness is the Road etc... Ok, they're not filling stadiums but everyone seems to have paid their mortgage off and noone is working down the hardware store to make ends meet.... :D

12. HarperPR

Andrew White from the Kaisers joins Oasis??? Fact or fiction?

13. HarperPR

Oh, I'm really pleased to hear that. It does grow on you. And they they do have that energy that gets you up on the floor.

Are you coming to Koko in October, Chris? You can strut your stuff there!

Music to slit your wrists by...tell me about it! Have had to review an album that I detest and that literally gave me a headache listening to. Not that it's bad, far from it, just alien to my music tastes. Trouble is, the producer and PR for this artist are both friends, so what do I do? Slaughter it or lie? Big moral dilemma...

14. bigchris

Well I hope you are right about that ... because I've just bought a copy !! I had originally bought his first solo CD ( Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors ) and thought it was pants ... and so never tried any of his later CD's ... let's hope I was wrong !!

15. Travellerman

Hmmmm, Vigil is probably the most popular Fish album, so if you didn't like that.... :confused1:

I think the highlights for me are Sunsets of Empire, Raingods with Zippos (mostly the Plague of Ghosts 'suite'), Fellini Days (but apparently not with most of his fans) and 13th Star.

I would say that he did seem to lose a certain 'spark' over the years but, for me (and many) it was rekindled with 13th Star. I guess I owe you a beer if you really hate it! :D

16. bigchris

No worries ... I think I owe you a pint for getting me "into" Kaki King !! Even though you think "Dreaming of Revenge" isn't her best CD ... I just love it big time !!

17. Travellerman

I gave Dreaming another twirl, maybe I was a bit quick to judge... it's not too bad is it? :D However, I think Everybody Loves You and Until We felt Red are still my most played KK albums and the ones I turn to 'to do me as I like to be done' :wink:

Now... how about Daniel Lanois? Belladona or Shine perhaps? :D