1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rarest of rare

Discussion in 'Words and Music' started by stuart langford, Jan 24, 2009.

1. stuart langford

stuart langford I've got a zappy little nappy

We have a white label LP 1977 never-released original of Commercial Breaks, complete with adverts/logo cover...white label signed/autographed by Roy and the phrase 'not good enough' written by him too across the white label! That was when he played the Univesity theatre Newcastle...he had his big Citroen CX then...I had a friend whose brother worked for Harvest, so he got the white labels, gave me the Commercial Breaks...and we've had it ever since. Tell me if you know what it might be valued at? stuartlangford@hotmail.com

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Heirlooming

Obviously depending on the scale of your love of Roy and his wise:tongue_smilie: legacy for the future of the human race it is a priceless bit of Harperbelia and should be kept for your childrens, childrens, childrens....

chrs
    andi

3. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Is the sleeve a printed colour original, or a B&W copy?

4. philmch

philmch I've got a zappy little nappy

It's listed in my copy of Record Collector (2004 edition) at "£200+"

Phil.

5. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Speaking as a casual collector I'd not be prepared to pay more than £100 for such an item, but I'm not really as dedicated as a lot of people are about this sort of thing. So £200 sounds in the right ball park to me as an achievable price.

6. parvenu

parvenu I've got a zappy little nappy

I'm sorry to bump this old thread, but is there test press of this with a colored sleeve? I have only ever seen a copy with a B&W cover - is that a bootleg? Thanks.

7. Nigels

Nigels Computer stained fingers

I think the story is pretty well known. Three copies were made (proper colour sleeve). One kept by record company, one for Roy and one mysteriously disappeared. It is thought about a 1000 were pressed from the missing copy and these became the ones with the photcopied sleeve of which, I have one. Though in fairness the copies are as good a pressings of any official EMI disc at the time. When Roy autographed mine he wasn't altogether happy about its existance. Not surprising really.

8. Alan Cynic

Alan Cynic Computer stained fingers

As above...mine has the b/w photocopy sleeve. I'd never sell it though.