1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regular chats?

Discussion in 'General' started by pd, Feb 27, 2008.

?

Are you interested in regular online chats?

Poll closed Mar 12, 2008.
  1. Not interested

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yes, weekly

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes, bi-weekly

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Yes, monthly

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  5. Wednesday nights

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Sunday nights

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. Other day of week (please specify in a post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I was wondering if people were interested in using the stormcock chat room facility from time to time for a real time chat. Darren Crisp mentioned the possibility of having a Q&A chat with people sometime, after the second part of his podcast interview is out, and I wondered whether people would be keen to use this currently underused facility if there was a set time. This is a poll to gauge interest.

If you want an option other than any of those listed please post a reply to this thread.

You can select multiple options, i.e you can say "monthly" and "Sunday nights" if you like.

I picked Wednesday and Sunday as the days when I think people are least likely to be busy with other things but if you have a better day please post.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

How do these 'chats' work? You know anything remotely like this I need a very simple ABC on! I think I probably chat enough to some of these people anyway!

3. pd

Well, it's pretty simple... if you go to stormcock.net on a normal web browser (I dunno if it would work on a phone!) and, once logged in, hit the "chat" button at the top of the screen (this doesn't appear for people not logged in, so they can't spam the chatroom with dubious advertising for products!).... the rest should become clear. It's just a line-by-line real time text chat thingy. Everything you type is sent to everyone else in the chatroom.

4. pd

Well.. so far as I can tell, 6 people interested. Not sure that's enough to actually go ahead with this. I might do the occasional one-off chats, announced well in advance, when I have something specific (a guest, some important news, whatever).

5. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Yeah, that sounds good. Although I can't see a lot of difference to what goes on on the board when you have several people online at same time and all responding to one or two posts in rapid succession?

6. pd

Real time chats encourage, and lead to, infinitely more wittering than forum posts. On that basis I would have thought they'd be very popular amongst certain people here :lurk5:

7. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

I'd rather be witterer than a twitter!!

Yes I would if I only could!
    Just been into PD's twitter site and read all about his dental problems!

andi :smash:

8. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Twitter?

PD/

How does this twitter thingy work via the phone? If I stick my mobile number in will it up date me textwise with the others I am following? So you'd BBC news feed to your phone for instance?

aw [198 posts old] :willy_nilly:

9. pd

Dude... it's free and there's tons of info on the site. Go and experiment!