1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rhondda Rocks - Love Hope Strength Foundation - 27 June 2009

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by katrina, Jan 24, 2009.

1. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Due to public demand, a second Welsh event named 'Rhondda Rocks' (27 June) is being added to the list of fund raising walks hosted by Mike Peters in 2009.

"It is by popular demand that an event is being staged in South Wales as Rhondda Rocks", says Mike Peters. "A lot of Alarm fans from South Wales have supported Snowdon Rocks and have asked me whilst walking, if I would host an event in South Wales so that they could involve more of their own community and directly support the cancer centres that are situated in South Wales. Because of this I'm sure Rhondda Rocks will be a huge success and hopefully grow into another annual event."
    Snowdon Rocks / Rhondda Rocks already has the support of BBC Wales and producer Darren Broome will be helping with media coverage of the event and also using his influence by inviting some of the more well known members of Wales music community to take part in proceedings. Dave Driscoll of P4 Music who is one of Wales principal concert promoters is also behind the staging and organisation of both 'Snowdon and Rhondda Rocks'.
    For further details please contact the Love Hope Strength Foundation on 0781 4404877
    Event registration pack for Rhondda Rocks can be downloaded at www.lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Rhonnda?

What's going on now? Are we going down ancient mine shafts? Or climbing Pen-y-fan the highest Brecon Beacon?

chrs
    Andi

3. katrina

We're climbing Craig Y Llyn = from Aberdare - gig in the evening.
    xxx

4. aspwatterson

Glamorgan walks

That's cool and not far from the family home so should get some sponsorship! Or not! I think I remember them vaguely setting up Dare Country Park many half moons ago.Also a good warm up for Snowdon methinks?

You'll have to give the good news to the guy in the SHOUT window here looking for Welsh gigs or PM him? He may not want to climb a mountain mind you just to see Nick! Must go; I feel a song coming on...climb every...

chts
    andi

5. aspwatterson

Rhondda / Snowdon 09

Perhaps these events should put as front page stuff otherwise they get lost in the Forum as leaders?

chrs
    andi

6. katrina

That would be very nice please forum peeppsssss - sponsor forms on the website.

xx

7. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I'll look at putting something up on the front page tomorrow when I've got a bit more time :)

P

8. katrina

Thanks pd do you want the official press release.

xxx

9. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Yes please Katrina, if there's more than you've posted above - feel free to email me (pd@stormcock.net)

Cheers

P.

10. katrina

sending it over now