1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowdon Rocks 2 Launch

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by katrina, Mar 1, 2008.

1. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Love Hope Strength Foundation is pleased to announce that Snowdon Rocks 2will be taking place on Saturday, 21 June. We would be delighted to see quite a few of you up the mountain raising funds for this great charity.:D

For further details please go and visit:
    http://lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk/

[​IMG]

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Couldn't he do Parliament Hill - highest peak in London - instead? I could probably manage that!:biggrin:

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Right, was talking to Jan (Edinburgh promoter extraordinaire) about this last night and if Harpic does it again I think we're in. Can't let him show us up 2 years running :rofl:

I'm practicing my out-of-breath gasps and wheezes as I type this...

4. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Think i'd like to go to the this one. Think i will if nick does it.

Here's the plan : i'm gonna order a hoverboard off the internet and hang on to the train on it's way up when i get shattered aka back to the future 3 stylee. Should i order one for you paula too then?

5. scotpaulabear

Thanks Critch, sounds good, but only if I can pay on an installment plan :D

6. katrina

Be lovely to see you up the mountain - please contact me if you want some of the forms.

I'm also hopefully going to be up for peru - so training starts now!!

Whohhhh how exciting.

xxx:D

7. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I'm thinking of giving this a go if I can round up a couple of friends to help carry an oxygen cylinder for me.

8. katrina

Right Paula is in !!!! Anyone else :D Be great to met you all.

Also.... one of my dear friends doug is doing a sponsored creme egg for lhsf - hes going to try and eat 16 eggs for lhsf - if you fancy sponsoring him - please visit

http://hackenbushherald.freeforums.org/dougs-creme-egg-challenge-t790-15.html

So far hes got £100 with warnings that we don't want to see the end photo of him throwing up - but seriously if he can raise cash for lhsf hes a fine chap by me.....

:D

9. scotpaulabear

Maybe I'll throw in a fiver for the pic of him throwing up, cos that's comedy! :rofl:

10. Enjay

Enjay The Old Git on the Bus

I would really like to attend this, I'll have to see how fit I can get by then.
    Incidentally, my ID 'mugshot' is of me on the summit of Snowdon, quite e few years ago. I finally made it after 20 years and many attempts. The weather always seemed to stop me; well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

11. katrina

12. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

We seemed to have strayed off topic a bit in the "introduce yourself" thread!

Now, although we don't know whether young harpic is going, but it would still be cool if we could show our support for this great cause - and I'm sure a lot of people are going from this realm. So let's have a provisional roll (role?) call, and see if we can organise who's going to bring what. I'm talking cakes, jammy dodgers, custard creams etc...

13. katrina

It would be very nice to have quite a few of you here to take part. It was a lot of fun last year!!!

A roll call would be great and can someone bring some bourbons creams!! although jammie dodgers are fine too!!!! lol

Critch you are a man after my own heart - biscuits and chocolate yum yum. :rofl:

Also my darling sent you a pack so come on everyone lets have some fun!!

Katrinaxx

14. katrina

permission to bump up please :Dxxxx

anymore takers for this wondeful event?

15. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

i am strongly debating it. t'will be almost a year to the day my grandad died (mostly of old age, he was 90, but the complications of his prostate cancer had a huge impact of what he actually died from) and i wanted to mark the year, end my mourning kinda thing. but dragging 5 children up snowdon :confused1::blink: ya know???

16. scotpaulabear

Still debating this - the money up front would be a major problem, as is the time off work to get there in time, but never say never! (unless you're talking about how often I can get my arse in gear to exercise - NEVER :tongue_smilie: )

17. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Sowdon

I would absolutely love to do this . Let's see how life pans out at the mo so can't make a commitment just yet! Also Machu Pichtu!

andi

18. katrina

Just let me know if you want to do this - registration is going to be kepted open.

Anyone interested send me a pm and I'll send you the stuff.....

It will be a great day - it was so much fun last year and also not challenging we had kiddlewinks going up last year and this year too.

:m9:

19. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

there is a local travelodge doing cheap nights then too.
    *bites hand*
    i really wanna do this!
    ok pming you now!
    my husband is gonna kill me!! :blushing:

amor mundi

hatty :)

20. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Llanberis Pass!

Wonderful memories of Capel Curig, Caeder Idris, sheep appearing out of the mist, babbling singing brooks, boots and smelly socks by the logfire in the Lounge Bar. Might pitch a tent in Llanberis Pass but definitely no rock climbing this time. The only rocks I'll be doing will be smoking them!

andipandikissedthegirlsandmadethemcry :smilielol5: