1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowdon Rocks 2 Launch

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by katrina, Mar 1, 2008.

1. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Think I'll come along. It's a bit of a drive, but do-able in a day. There is a YHA at the col if that suits anybody better?

How much (in total) do we need to raise to be eligable?

2. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Think I'll come along. It's a bit of a drive, but do-able in a day. There is a YHA at the col if that suits anybody better?

How much (in total) do we need to raise to be eligable?

Well you can do it a couple of ways depending on how many are coming from here - we have a group rate of up to 4 people and the group has to raise £400 in sponsorship total.

Or do it singular and each individual has to pledge to raise £200 or a couple of you are official walkers and we do allow an unofficial walker if they are with an officially walker but they have to raise sponsor money as well.

Email me if you want further details katrinac@kcopping.fsnet.co.uk

Be great for you all to come - its a lovely day and don't forget there is a gig in the evening.

xxxx

3. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Snowdon [cont...]

You'd have to raise your spelling of 'eligible' for starters!

If Critch can get there then I'll have to! Even though we gotta pay for a gig after and raise sponsorship money by annoying all your friends for months asking them to sponsor you! Just trying to find out if my logistical support [Ian Cropton} is likewise thinking of it.

andi the loony lunar:m2::9:

4. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hmmmnnn! Is it wrong? Looks right to me. You'll have to show me the way forward!

5. katrina

Be lovely to have you all there
    xxx

6. aspwatterson

Snowdon

Unless I've misconstrued your mssg you obviously are going to sponsor me then? Unless, unless, you were were referring to Nick's attendance? Now that's worth a sponsorship just for blantant cheeky impudence.Innit?

All donations welcome, no obligation, no matter how small, any spare change? See I am a trained busker and learnt my trade dilligently as had to have three dogs & puppies to support in those days! Only money accepted , no Winalot 5Kgs bags please!

chrs
    andi

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Nice try :wink: but I may pledge you a fiver after payday just for being cheeky!

8. aspwatterson

Cheeky monkey apologises!

Nice one! Thank you! When do you get paid bi-annually? Just PM me yr postcode for putting on the LHSF sponsorship form. If you are going I will obviously reciprocate with cans of Whiskas!

chrs
    andi :m8::seeya::m2:

9. scotpaulabear

Andi, until Monday I'm broke-r than a very broke thing. Are you doing the online donations? :biggrin: And shall we take this to the Snowdon Rocks thread??

10. aspwatterson

Snowdon

I don't know how to transfer this to the Snowdon Thread, I expect Paul could, if he deems so (I have - pd)? At the moment I only need your Postcode and town [so I can put you on the LHSF sub form] by a PM here or email to aspwatterson@hotmail.com

Will only chase you for the money once I've performed the onerous odyessy done in love in June. Am not on the automatic charity giving online thingy so it'll have to be a cheque or postal order made out to LHSF in the post.If you put in on the Snowdon thread you may get innundated with requests for sponsorship mind!

chrs & tks
    andi :hurray:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008
  11. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Good luck, Andi! Are you going to be getting in plenty of training before the event?

Is it just Andi and Katrina then from here up for this?

12. scotpaulabear

PM about to be sent, Andi. Happy to help.

And he's the last person I'm sponsoring who isn't Harpic, just to warn everyone. ;)

I really wish I could go on this but I suspect it just won't happen - too much work stress and the like, I'll be lucky to walk halfway up Arthur's Seat before June... :crying:

13. katrina

PM about to be sent, Andi. Happy to help.

And he's the last person I'm sponsoring who isn't Harpic, just to warn everyone. ;)

I really wish I could go on this but I suspect it just won't happen - too much work stress and the like, I'll be lucky to walk halfway up Arthur's Seat before June

Hold on Ms Bear :) I thought you said you were going to sponsor me which was ages ago - I have the evidence :) lol and I am doing both :D

Try and come along - it will be good fun.

xxx

14. katrina

Take that back my darling - just checked my just giving - and thank you very much - hugs and snogs and cuddly stuff.

Would still like to see you up the mountain.

xx

15. scotpaulabear

Was too fast for ya K :D
    And I won't say 100% I can't go, but... ain't lookin' good *sigh*. I shall think positively though!

16. katrina

Definately too quick and thanks for the lovely message on peru rocks site too.

Be positive - went for a 10 mile walk on Sunday - so starting the training earnestly lol :thumbup:

17. aspwatterson

Arthurs Seat/Snowdon

Arthurs Seat [Caeder Idris] my favourite mountain where we spent many days up there in a tent by the black lake with an amazing backdrop of a 1000 foot cliff behind. We tripped and we skipped above the clouds composing songs and playing guitars in 1972ish. We made a pact together that we would return at the dawn of the millennium 28 years later. Steve, my Pompey friend, remembered and reminded me in 2000! Not too onerish, a nice gentle climb following the stream up from Lake Bala.Would thoroughly recommend it to any aspiring mountaineer as it is absolutely awesome. The Brecons are also pretty easy to do if you know the quick way up from the south side then it's pratically all flat along the top for miles.

Ancient legend says that if a man spends one night on the Caeder Idris he'll come down insane. Well that must explain it then with regards to me being an ex-loony on the bus, because we were up there for ages mentally and physically. Mad? I've been mad for years! And proud of it!

andi :m16::m21:

18. aspwatterson

Snowdon 21/6/08

I think Ian Cropton is coming [hopefully I 'll be using his kindly transport and personality?] but sometimes he doesn't reply for days if not weeks. You could give him a nudge on his My Space. I have emailed LHSF and they have not replied for a few days..
    ...do you have to register with the £100 first and then follow on with the sponsorship monies when you've completed the onerous odyessy? Had a sore foot for about a month now and desperately hoping it will be alright.. just a blister which has developed into a very painful callus...no money for chirpodists, any medical advisors out there? Shall I just cut it out with my rusty Stanley knife? I presume the gig at the top will be in the Cafe?

andy :m17:

19. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

I dont think it will be in the cafe, and you want to pray for an improvement in the weather
    http://www.snowdonrailway.co.uk/news.php:biggrin:

20. scotpaulabear

And that photo was taken in July :wink: