1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brunswick, Brighton - 28/09/13

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by Travellerman, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I think this one has sold out, apart from concession tickets, but who else is going :confused1:

I have booked a room for the night - in "Hove actually..." - so I can savour the evening rather than be dashing off for a train, or bus, or wooded area like usual :wink:

Anyone else? :biggrin:

2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

No sorry not me - if it was any other Saturday I would probably be there, but this Saturday, I'll be in Ireland watching the mighty Stellavision - http://clonguitarfest.com/audio/details/stellavision-uk/

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Oops ... got my dates wrong ... so I could have edited the previous post to change the reason why I can't make the Brighton gig ( real reason is Kate Rusby in High Wycombe ) - but it's taken me 50 weeks to get Stellavision to play at the festival -so I'm leaving the post there, as a blatant plug !!!!!

4. Travellerman

Well, have a fabulous time :D

5. Travellerman

What a gig! Troubled by technicalities throughout, but Nick did a long set, in front of an attentive audience at a nice venue. It was good to hear songs from Riven live aswell, so different sounding... Apart from obviously having no band playing too. Outside afterwards people seemed blown away by their experience and Nick did put a lot into the last few songs for sure and Shine On... went down a treat!

Andy Roberts opened and did a nice little set. I don't know his music or history other than the Roy connection, but he impressed, has quite a history to share and as it was his first solo gig since 2006/2007? I was happy to be there.

A good night, 1 old forum member bumped into, 1 poster whipped from a wall and i am on my way to pick up my Roy cd now :)

6. Travellerman

2 or 3 (or more?) tequilas later, Nick ends the gig with his version of "Shine On...."