1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next gig I'm going to is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

What did you make of that? I wasnt a bit impressed with Todd Rundgren's Johnson. I wasnt one of those booing but it was pretty rubbish. Wizard was great though. I think i might have preferred it if he played it as more of a straight band thing with less of the pantomime and not had the band members doing lead vocals because he had to run off and change costume again but thats a fairly minor gripe when it was all so silly and entertaining. Highlights for me were Zen Archer, Is It My Name (or whatever its called) and a few others too probably. The band were excellent, i was suprised how close to the original it sounded.

2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

just heard that Jonn Gomm is playing down the road from work tomorrow in Bracknell ( with two other guitarists that I've never heard of - Byron Johnston and John Dignam ), so it would be rude not to pay a visit and give the fellow yorkshireman some support !!

3. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I have two JG tracks on my ipod, and they're not too bad - I have no idea how I came about them though :biggrin: perhaps they descended from someone posting something here... you maybe ??? Enjoy the night.

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Not quite the next gig, but my husband has just cheered me up after a horrible week with news that we have 2 front row seats for Crosby Stills & Nash in Glasgow this July :willy_nilly: :biggrin: I love that man...

5. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Crosby, Stills or Nash?

:wink:

6. scotpaulabear

Yes, very yes, and kinda but only with the other two :wink:

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Probably First Aid Kit in London tomorrow. Then THE TWANG - yee hah!:cheers2: - at the Borderline in London on March 13 (can't believe they are playing there - it is tiny and the dressing room is no bigger than a large cupboard!).

8. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

Venus infers...........

Tonight, it's John Cale at the Royal Festival Hall doing one of those "let's play a whole elpees worth of tunes in one gig" gigs.

In this case, Paris 1919

9. Travellerman

Nick! :D Mar 21.... if I can get away from work on time :)

10. scotpaulabear

I can't see you letting a little thing like work get in yer way, Trav :D

Well, since I don't see myself getting to see anyone over here (I took Mom to an local "pub" the other night and we saw her friend play for a while, but it was more to destress than gig!), my next gig will be Justin Currie on the 18th, just down the road from my house, then Nick at Union Chapel :biggrin:

11. Travellerman

:D Well, if we finish before 22:30 maybe I can get a bus, if not it's an all nighter... or a 17 mile night hike across the Downs.

(I just realised that I might be able to get a taxi, always the last thing to cross my mind! :D :rolleyes:)

12. dave w

the last time ..........?

Tonigt I'll be mainly seeing The Who doing a trot through Quadrophenia at the Albert Hall (the Royal one, not the one in Bolton)

13. scotpaulabear

Sounds fab, Dave!

Monday night, James at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange...
    (and then Nick in Preston if the rail companies play along :bored: )

14. bigchris

How come you weren't at the Union Chapel gig on Friday ?

15. dave w

pension top-up

tonight I'll be adding to the pension funds of the Stooges & Suicide, at Hammersmith Odeon/Apollo/Whatever

16. Watford Pete

Watford Pete I've got a zappy little nappy

tomorrow night

Very excited.
    Roy and Joanna.

Hole in the Wall from around 6.30pm if you are coming by Waterloo.

17. scotpaulabear

A crapload of gigs in the next 2 weeks (including Nick, Glenn, the Charlatans, the Brian Jonestown Massacre and Justin Currie), but first Flight of the Conchords in Manchester - it's business time! :D

18. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Villagers at Bush Hall. Eagerly anticipated by moi as the album, Becoming A Jackal, is one of my two current non-stop-players (along with Stornoway). And for the Sunday Times to give it a 4* review and call it 'a beautiful and remarkable debut', Mr O'Brien must be doing something right!

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  19. Travellerman

Roy Harper... :D

20. bigchris

wot a week ahead .... Mark Knopfler on Wednesday and Roy Harper on Saturday ... two of my fave artists !!