1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next gig I'm going to is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

Ive gotten very lazy lately, i havent been to a gig since february (Todd Rundgren) but tonight im going to venture out and see Rangda - a "Supergroup" with Sir Richard Bishop of Sun City Girls, Ben Chasney of Six Organs of Admittance and Chris Corsano who has played drums with pretty much everyone.

2. telemonster

telemonster I've got a zappy little nappy

Friday at Donington! AC/DC and Them Crooked Vultures! :D

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Anyone checking out Meltdown at the South Bank? Some good artists playing. Lots I am very tempted by! After seeing Villagers again last night for the second time (mad whim to go to Paris - only takes me same time by train as to get to Brum!), will definitely be a third here on 15th when they support Field Music.

And as a freebie Sunday afternoon busk, there's John Smith on 20th.

http://bit.ly/dBY7PV

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  4. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

VILLAGERS :thumbup1:

The album is superb.

+A

5. HarperPR

Hell, that it is! Love how Conor is being banded about like a new Messiah. He certainly has quality. Every time I hear The Meaning Of The Ritual I get a little bit teary!

6. HarperPR

7. HarperPR

Off to Glaaassstonbury this evening. Stopping en route so not on site until tomorrow. And hopefully will be out again before sunset on Sunday! Well, you know how much I hate festivals, even Glasto! :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing Villagers (yet again), Stornoway, Beach House, Delphic, Frankie & The Heartstrings, Dreadzone (always!), WAS. And that band called 'England' on Sunday...:wink::D

8. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hopefully not getting stuck in the Glasto traffic ... I should be seeing Christy Moore down in Basingstoke tonight ... and then on the Saturday the yet-famous Stellavision at the Rose & Crown in Darton !!

9. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hannah O'Reilly (fantastic songs about murder and orgasms, oh my! :D ) and Paul Gilbody (smooooth acoustic, lovely guy) at the West End festy in Glasgow Sunday, then the godlike CSN (front row!! :blink: ) at the SECC in a week and a bit...

10. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  11. HarperPR

Any Mumford & Sons fans here and near/in London? You might be interested in the string of freebie gigs next week at
    Flowerpot, NW5. http://bit.ly/bVgfhm

12. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

does this count ?

may not count as a gig in the traditional sense.......
    .........Alan Moore @ Waterloo/Old Vic vaults on Thursday night, reading from one of his new works. Not optimistic about there being a mosh pit.:m3:

there's a slew of Alan Moore features around at the moment, here's a link to one you may not have seen http://www.mustardweb.org/04/index.htm

13. HarperPR

I am going to those tunnels next week to see Villagers. Never been there. Would appreciate a venue review, Dave, after you have tasted the ambience!

14. dave w

15. dave w

festival frenzy.............

off to the Green Man festival - 3 whole days of popular artists covering songs from one of Roys best records..............I may have been misinformed about the nature of the event :blink:

16. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

The Men They Couldn't Hang tonight. First time for twenty years or so. I can barely remember what they were like but am expecting some toe tapping to take place.

17. dave w

a pie, a pint & a gig

John Otway & Wild Willy Barrett @ the Half Moon in Putney tonight

the pie will be before the gig

18. scotpaulabear

Just got tix to KT Tunstall at the Barrowlands in October. What I've heard of the new album sounds fab, and a bit more in-your-face than previous, which is cool :biggrin:

19. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Roy Harper, Palace Theatre, Manchester, 18th September..
    Oh, and Joanna Newsom's on the same bill :biggrin:
    should be a great night!

20. scotpaulabear

Roy and Joanna's Glasgow gig is (I think) 2 days after that - that's my real next gig too, yay! :biggrin: