1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next gig I'm going to is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

My youngest son plays jazzy noodling on his keyboard every night in the sitting room.Does that count ??
    :party:

2. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Awww thanks Linn! :D

Just a little gig at a lovely little place called the Mermaid in St. Albans. My other half and I are part of a duo paying tribute to Jethro Tull, and also original acoustic material along the same style. It would be brilliant to see those of you who may be in the area and would like to pop in.

Anyone interested can pm me for more details.. :)

3. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I think we're going on the same night but he wasn't 100% sure..

4. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Yep! I'll be there.

5. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

The Cure tonight yeepepeeee

6. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

:(
    You jammy bugger!

7. katrina

Absolutely fantastic they were as usually - managed to get on the front row barrier and they played from 8 pm to 11.30 pm - fantastic!! Happy girl today.xxx

Next gig is either going to be 999 at my local punk or KT Tunstall.

8. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

next gig is........

REM tonight, then Kristin Hersh on Wednesday

9. Friar Snig

Friar Snig Computer stained fingers

Hawkwind, this coming Friday night in Preston.

I can't wait, I love a good dose of Hawkwind.

10. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

OHHHH I'm kicking myself at missing Kristin while I'm away :blushing: do tell how it is please Dave! I've really been enjoying her book excerts on her mailing list...

And Katrina, KT is fab, I'm sure you'll definitely love her :thumbup1:

11. Watcher

Watcher Computer stained fingers

Jethro Tull Newcastle City Hall 8th May with my wife and ten year old son - we took him last year to the Tull gig in Middlesbrough and he loved it - he can't wait for this year's gig. We're trying to indoctrinate him into real music as young as possible before he has a musical mind of his own, then he can never escape our tastes - heh, heh! Unfortunately I can't take him to Nick's gigs because of inappropriate venues and content (you can never tell when he's going to do Titties 'n' Beer), otherwise he'd have no chance!
    Actually he does have some of his own tastes too - he's into local band The Flytes (his teacher's son is a member) - he brought a CD EP home and I quite enjoyed it, so maybe it's a two-way thing, eh?

12. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I can relate to that, my 6yr old listens to my mp4 and his favourite songs are Sleeping At The Wheel and Berliners..I haven't encouraged it but he does like listening through the headphones, it just so happens I only have Roy and Nick on there.:D His favourite Nick track is Karmageddon! :coolgleamA:

13. dave w

Kristin Hersh - Queen Liz Hall 26-3-2008

Fair play to the girl, she announced at the start that it wasn't going to be a normal gig.

Backed only by a huge screen onto which abtract art works were projected, Ms H read from a lecturn and improvised guitar parts to match the words. Every so often the lights would dim at the front of the stage leaving K silhouetted against the screen and she'd play a song, or parts of a song. Sometimes the song would refer back to the previous narrative, but not always. I don't remember all of the songs played but ones which did stick were Cottonmouth, Delicate Cutters, Hook in her head and Cuckoo.

The autobiographical nature of the readings was disturbing at times - this is not a woman who has had an easy life. There were some cracking humourous bits though - at one point in her life KH was given a pair of elephant dung shoes by an ethiopian friend, she looked disappointed, he asked if she already had some - that sort of thing (it made me laugh anyway).

14. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

my 11 year old is gutted he has to be 14 to go to a nick gig at mr kyps! i'd take him, i think if he grown up on a diet of titties and beer he wont go far wrong, apart from the beer :thumbup1:

15. Watcher

Watcher Computer stained fingers

I'd take him, but I don't think I'd get it past my other half (who also enjoys Harper gigs - both versions).

16. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

In the next week I have Scouting For Girls, The Enemy, Jack Savoretti, Dreadzone and my mate Kav's do in Shoreditch for his album launch. One day I'll learn to say 'No' more often! :)

Lins - you made up your mind yet about Captain Dread and his crew?

17. dave w

finishing off a busy week........

Dodgy, tonight at the Empire in Shepherds Bush

18. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Last saw them 13 years ago at T in the Park! :w00t:

And thanks so much for the Kristin review Dave, I'm jealous but happy for ya cos it sounds totally unique and fab...

19. katrina

K T Tunstall....

20. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Jack in the caff tomorrow morning!:D I like Caffe Nero's lemon & poppyseed muffins too!

What a good way to start the day...