1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next gig I'm going to is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hehe.. like Shaun, Roy Harper in Bristol on the 16th, Miss Newsom is playing too :D I have not seen her before so I'm looking forwards to that part too.

2. pconpie

pconpie I've got a zappy little nappy

Hmm.... insane. There seems to be a theme here. I too am attending a Miss Newsom concert. Dublin, 14th September. The ticket just refers to "Special Guests". Oh how mysterious.

3. Watcher

Watcher Computer stained fingers

Jethro Tull at South Shields on the 17th - somehow connected to the Great North Run! (which I won't be attending!). Then Nick at the Cluny in November (my gig going has sadly slipped in recent years, these two and the Fairports are my staples, very few others considered, something to do with childrearing and lack of babysitters - oh, and bone-idleness may enter into it somewhere too).

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

In no particular order (and some more than once!), The Twang, Roy, Nick, Mark Chadwick, Villagers, Fyfe Dangerfield + The Boy Who Trapped The Sun, Exit Calm...few last minute randoms, I guess...then comes November, haha!

But having fallen over a bollard at the Libertines gig recently, and still with painful joints, I may be in need of the disabled OAP section for all! LOL

5. HarperPR

These at Hoxton on Thursday. And if you like em, I have a spare g list place, so hit me up if you wanna come.

Exit Calm - Don't Look Down http://t.co/qkaWovF
    (2 mins in it's just a wall of sound washing over you. His voice - immense.)
    And when they are being acoustic, they sound like this:
    http://t.co/K5njmWc

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  6. HarperPR

The start of my two months' gigging insania tonight!

Everything Everything at The Hospital, who I do quite like, but not anywhere near as much as I heart Chapel Club, who are also there! Listen to this for loveliness:
    http://t.co/ZyulyVj

7. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Can't remember if I posted that I was going to Birkenhead a week Saturday - with 3 Harpic virgins actually! But I am, and I'm looking forward to it immensely! So I thought I'd try my luck and see if I put a request on here for songs, whether it might get back to Nick and he'd do them! :)

So, any chance of Before they put me in the ground, Blood Song, and Titties and Beer? Thanks! :)

8. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

First of a lot gigs in the next few months ... Tuesday is The Afro celt Sound System at the Barbican ... won't be as good a place as a festival, but beggars and all that !

9. HarperPR

Goldheart Assembly tomorrow at lovely Bush Hall, then Oxford trekkie Thursday for Stornoway's hometown show. Can. Not. Wait. :thumbup1:

10. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

How wrong was I !?!? An absolute superb gig ... easily one of the best ( of any artist ) I've been to in the past few years ... they are celebrating their 15th anniversary this year and have just released a retrospective double CD. If you bought the CD tonight ( which I did ) you have access to download a remix track @ http://download.afroceltsoundsystem.net - code = HPARACSS

11. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Nick Harper, The Grand, Blackpool..Tomorrow night! :m8:

12. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Eric Bibb at Chichester Festival Theatre on Monday. It must be ten years since I last saw him and I think that was in a big tent, so now that I'm a decade older the CFT's comfy seats will be a blessing.

13. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

I have apparently won tickets to see 3 Daft Monkeys at Manchester next Tuesday :D

14. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

NICE! :biggrin: Tell 'em to get their arses back up to Scotchland please :wink:

15. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Coincidence! that's where I'll be tonight! :D

16. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

Zappa fest

Zappa plays Zappa @ the Roundhouse on Saturday 6th Nov

Playing all of the Apostrophe album, which has Cosmic Debris on there, if I remember correctly - used to be covered by Nick

17. SHAUN I

The whole weekend sounds great, dedicated to one of the greatest ever composer/musicians. I really wanted to go to this, but couldn't manage it, what with one thing and another getting in the way, saw Dweezil & co last year, they are pretty amazing live..have a great time mate!

18. SHAUN I

Saw the live streaming of this concert tonight from The Roundhouse, obviously not the same as being there, but a great gig nevertheless, although a few tracks were missing by request of Dweezil (Due to unseen FZ footage) A really great Gumbo Variations opener and a live first of Excentrifugal Forz, what with catching up with Robert Plant on the iplayer, it's been an entertaining evening :m2:

Hope you had a good night dave w.

19. HarperPR

Well done! Are you going? They don't really do it for me.

20. HarperPR

Saw CocknBullKid at the Roundhouse tonight. Liked more than I expected. We left before Marina and the Diamonds. :closedeyes:

Tomorrow - or later tonight rather - Cowboy Junkies at the Chapel.