1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next gig I'm going to is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Alan Jones

Alan Jones I've got a zappy little nappy

The next gig I'm going to is Kate Rusby at Eden Court Theatre in Inverness next Saturday (April 5th). The last gig i went to was VAN MORRISON at the Ironworks in Inverness (last December) and it was absolutely bloody brilliant! My mate Billy went to the Neil Young Edinburgh gig, but I haven't seen him since then to hear what he thought of it.

Alan

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Just seen Jason Soudah - fantastic! Saw him a year ago and can't believe he still hasn't really broken through here.

Tomorrow is...Dreadzone (who, until a few weeks ago, I had always thought for some reason was a heavy metal band :biggrin:).

Dreadzone, Linda, Dreadzone!:p

3. Linda

Linda Computer stained fingers

Dreadzone - work - dreadzone - work - dreadzone -work

Ok Ok - I'm not going to bite......... have a great night - give Spee my love.

4. HarperPR

Seeing how well you got on together, I'm sure he'd rather have it from you personally!:D But I'll try.

Don Letts is on the bill too.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  5. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Van Der Graaf Generator, tonight, at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London. Really looking forward to it.

6. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Mavis Staples in a fortnight.

7. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Too exciting not to share...

Jethro Tull, at the Pavilions in Bournemouth on the 16th of April. Paul, my other half, who is the front man for the wonderful Jethro Tull tribute band "The Dayglo Pirates", has been invited to perform a few songs with the band as their special guest.

I'm not sure if any of you are from the Bournemouth area, but if you are planning on attending this show, let me know as it would be great to somehow meet up!

8. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I didn't know that! The guitarist in the Dayglos, Simon Taylor, is an old friend... we were at sixth form college together. It's a small world.

9. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Wow, it really is Paul!

Simon and all the guys are amazing musicians.

10. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Famous associates

Gillingham Grammar School, Gillingham, Kent .. Brendon Foster
    Southern Grammar School, Portsmouth.. Sir David Frost

aw

11. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

Next gig for me is The Damned.

:biggrin:

12. Bob Jacobs

Moving forward ...

Unfortunately she had to cancel because of medical advice.

Now my next gig is the Adriano Adewale Group. No, I've never heard of them either but I vowed to take the Mrs out more often ...

Bob

13. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Next giggity gig for me..

Snowdon / Caernarfon with the Alarm. Is Nick Harper gracing us with his presence or is he still nursing his Everest blisters? Any sponsors please email me as a personal message.

cheers
    andy :biggrin:

14. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Andy, looks like you're in luck :wink:
    http://www.harperspace.com/nick-harper-tour.html

15. Bob Jacobs

Which was jolly good: AA is a versatile percussionist, accompanied by a Senegalese Kora player (Kadialy Kouyate), an Australian double bass player (Nathan Thomson) and a Brazilian woodwind player (Marcelo Andrade), each of whom apparently has his own MySpace page and own CD projects in progress. Nathan Thomson was the one who impressed me most. Most remarkable piece, however, was a several-minute-long tambourine solo! Most of the music was, loosely, world/jazz, though Adriano informed us that they were "samba" or "[something beginning with f] from Bahia, N Brazil" etc.

To find out more, visit www.adrianoadewale.co.uk or look them up on MySpace. They're playing Tonbridge Wells soon.

16. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Yay! It's Joe Satriani tonight at the apollo manchester. This is going to be like so good ever....!

At some point shortly after meeting my girlfriend I mentioned that I'd like to see him... and guess what, she was taking notes and on my burfday last year, she'd got me tickets. So yay yay yay yay

:m23:

:party:

17. HarperPR

Still think he sounds more like a boxer!

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  18. HarperPR

Are you going to Nantwich tomorrow, Critch, to support Ley and the gang?

19. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Saw Satriani tonight, love his stuff and he didn't dissapoint live, I think Nick has taught him how to play guitar with his teeth :D the bass player Stu did a great solo rendition on bass of Led Zep's Going To California too.

Paul Gilbert was excellent too! :m9:

Hope you enjoyed it Critch..

Shaun

20. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I did love it too. But what was with the random booing of the bass player stuart ham? Is it an in joke or something?