1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next gig I'm going to is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

It was very weird, I didn't work that out either, maybe it was an in joke. I thought he was an amazing bass player..

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Were they saying "Stooooooooooo" maybe? The Sox have a player named Kevin Youkilis and you'd swear the crowd are booing when they say "Yooooooooook" :wink:

3. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

That's a possiblility - Joe did say at the end to the crowd that they'd have to find a new chant!

I shall google it!

Right I have and Paula (The Genius) is right! See http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-29287.html for more info!

4. scotpaulabear

5. critch

I did a couple of gigs with the inspiral carpets and I really don't remember that! Lol.

6. SHAUN I

I did some research Critch and apparantly they aren't booing, they are shouting Stuuuuuuu..so it's cleared that little mystery up, i did think he was too talented for the crowd to be booing him :biggrin:

7. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Duke is Special

Duke Special, solo, at Hebden Bridge Picture House, tomorrow (Friady 30th)

I cannae wait!!!

Then Radiohead at Old Trafford, end of June.

8. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

You're such a ligger, pete!:D

I'm doing something and going further than Manc soooooonnn - can't say what though!:blushing::wink:

9. scotpaulabear

After Public Enemy rockin' the house Tuesday night (boyeeee), next up is one of Jan's gigs with Low Tide Revelry:
    http://www.juniperberries.co.uk
    (unless any of my friends' bands are doing anything in the meantime :biggrin: )

10. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Dave "Honeyboy" Edwards tomorrow night, 92 years young.

11. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

p.e.todd@btinternet.com I've got a zappy little nappy

Well my next gig will be the Marillion tribute band Forgotten sons on saturday.

12. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I'm off to see the Bonzos at The Astoria on Friday. A first for me.

13. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

and great it was too, though the venue was too hot and Honeyboy's guitar kept going out of tune. He was backed by Dave Peabody and Mike Frank, and played with far more gusto than when I last saw him in 1990. Some songs were positively rock 'n' roll. His guitar playing was far more interesting than I remember and the songs were generally much more up tempo. All in all, a great performance, and he was out in the foyer afterwards, signing CDs.

14. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Foo Fighters on Saturday :)

15. SHAUN I

Nick Harper at Middlewich British Legion on the 14th June :cheers2:

16. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

a busy June .............

so far, I have the following gigs for June

Laura Marling - St James church – 11th
    Isle of Wight festival - 13th – 15th
    Elbow / Fleet Foxes - RFH – 16th
    Leonard Cohen - Manchester Opera House - 18th
    My Bloody Valentine - Roundhouse - 20th
    Primal Scream/MC5 - RFH – 24th
    Pentangle - RFH 29th

Phun city indeed

17. scotpaulabear

Oooh, My Bloody Valentine! Would love to hear what you think of the Roundhouse gig Dave, we're seeing them a week after in Manchester :m16:

^

artist's rendition of MBV :D

18. critch

Just thinking I should get my arse to another Harpic gig soon.... *critch pulls up the gig list and goes through it one by one*

Right, let's see, Weekend of the Enterprise Inlands, not raised enough money, too far, fozzwick's mum's birthday, too far, too far, too far, too far, too far, too far, too far, too far, oooooh London Village so maybe although it's a bit of a trek, oh no, I take it back, the next one is a bit of a trek.... :biggrin: Just got a new pair of boots and they were made for walking - do you think I have to book tickets in advance or just turn up at the door?

19. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

.....and fine entertainment they were too. More nutty than a family size jar of Nutella with the chocolate taken out.

20. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I think my gigging legs are giving out! Nothing till the wonderful Mark Ronson at Wireless - but that WILL be the first of 4 on the trot, including 2 days at Guilfest.:)