1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next gig I'm going to is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I just noticed that this thread has had 47,720 (better make that 721 now!) views! Is that a record on here? (closely followed by What's your favourite biscuit? :biggrin: No, just joking on that one.)

The next gig I'm going to is the one I hope I don't pass any of my fluey cold on at...cough, cough, sneeze!

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Tonight I will mostly be seeing KT Tunstall in the Kingdom of Fife :D

4. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

p.e.todd@btinternet.com I've got a zappy little nappy

Marillion plus others at Cambridge Rock festival this sunday.

5. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

next gigs

tomorrow night I'll be mainly seeing that Leonard Cohen at the 02 funplex
    then on Sunday, it's Joanna Newsom at Somerset House.
    It's unlikely that ear plugs will be needed for either gig

6. dave w

and tonight...............

The Creation at the 100 Club - never, ever, thought I'd get to see them

7. telemonster

telemonster I've got a zappy little nappy

next gig

alabama 3 at holmfirth picturedrome-august 21st.

hell yeah!

8. HarperPR

The next gig(s) I am going to (well, next that are non Harpic anyway) are Kings of Leon at Brixton and Model Morning near Liverpool Street- SAME NIGHT!:m9:

Is this feasible? What's the shortest time do you think I can get from one t'other in around 9.30 at night? I so want to see MM again as I'm doing some work with them, but don't want to miss KOL either.:confused1:

9. John.OConnell

John.OConnell I've got a zappy little nappy

spliffs

Hey Critch, if you're at Cropredy roll one for me please :wink:

10. pixiefitz

pixiefitz I've got a zappy little nappy

hopefully not the NEXT gig.......

Christy Moore at Liverpool Philharmonic in October. It'd be very sad if I didn't get to any other gigs before then though........!:D

11. fuzzytnth3

fuzzytnth3 Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I was at the Dunfie gig didn't cya there but hey it was a tad busy or maybe she was playing the posh bit o' Fife the night you saw her?

Oh the next gig I will be going to is to see Nick in Tenby closely followed by Elza Carthy and others. Managed to get into a B&B next door (almost) to the two venues (both of which have beer), chuffed I am.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  12. SteveT

I'm off to see The Visitors this evening (supported Nick in Pompey last year). They are playing at the south coast's home of Rock and Roll - Fratton Park!

the-visitors.co.uk

13. HarperPR

If you haven't left yet, send my love to Jim and the guys if you speak to them!

14. SteveT

Sorry, didn't get a chance to speak. As soon as they finished a bunch of very loud, very young lads came on so it was time to beat a hasty retreat and prepare for Wembley tomorrow.

15. HarperPR

In the next 48 hours or just over, I shall be seeing The Twang twice and Kings of Leon twice.:). Am very happy. Even tempted - very - to make it 3x and go to Staffs on Sunday! But that would be too silly, wouldn't it?...:auto:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  16. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Musical serendipity

You obviously live the life of riley and get paid for it! A lot of us stuck in offices for years would be insanely jealous of your life style! Long may you run and continue to keep all things in moderation to preserve your longeavity!

chrs
    andy :m3: :driving:

17. HarperPR

Ha! I wish I DID get paid for it. Most of the time it's for sheer unadulterated pleasure and either seeing friends or new artists I want to check out. Like the last 4 days: Kings of Leon, The Twang and then 2 days at V @ Chelmsford. Absolutely knackered now, wet and cold, but this weekend was THE best in ages. Never have I had so many artists I adore all on the same bill. I hadn't even registered that Newton was playing, and it was really nice to see him. Even managed a brief word with our Nick's mate Calv too!:wink:

18. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Noooooo I was there! Drat, I had no idea you were goin'! :bored:

19. Shortcake

Shortcake I've got a zappy little nappy

is that Newton Faulkner? I've heard him a few times but never seen live. Sounds like V was good. I watched a bit of it on 4Music, but had to keep turning the sound down when Miquita Oliver appeared...she is so irritating!:puke:

20. dave w

next gig

the next gig for me will be on Sunday night : Martha Tilston at the Rose Theatre in Kingston upon Thames