1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next gig I'm going to is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I saw Focus last year and they were, on the whole, excellent. TV Leer's expansive gut is no impediment to his organ work (fnaar fnaar). I never saw any of the 70s line ups (the live rainbow LP is a perennial favourite of mine) but this version ain't too shabby at all.
    I missed a bit of Hocus Pocus at the gig though, as that provided me with the opportunity to go and pinch a Roy poster (he was playing a couple of weeks later at the same venue) while everyone else was leaping around. It was like being 17 again!

I will see them again on the 30th.

2. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

alabama 3 next month. the hold steady, and counting crows supported by ben folds in december... that's it unless something else crops up!

3. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Nick!

9/11

:D

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Can't top Trav... :wink:
    But Aimee Mann at the Old Fruitmarket in Glasgow this Sunday should be lovely!

5. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

more fun than you can shake a stick at

the next gig for me is an evening of Hawkwind cover bands at the Fighting Cocks in Kingston (the on Thames one) on Sat 25th Oct.
    One of the acts even has a dancer, how good is that ?

6. wobbly bob

and he can't top me!

on the subject of the fruitmarket-do any of the older folks remember a shortish series of gigs from there some years back....80's maybe...? must've been on the bbc-can't remember the name of the programme.

i remember chris rea doing an amazing set there in one of the shows. first time i'd seen/heard what he could REALLY do (amaaaazing slide guitar player, imo)..

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Showcase for Broadcast 2000 (aka the wonderful Joe Steer!:wink:) at The Fly - my latest tip for the top. He's even making me contemplate signing upw ith Eon!:biggrin:

8. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I don't know that series, but would love to know more if anyone else does! It's a great venue... saw Nick there supporting Mary Coughlan last time he played Celtic Connections, and post-renovation I saw KT Tunstall's fab album launch gig there last year :biggrin: Think that's where Chris is seeing Shooglenifty in January, it's a big Celtic Connections venue...

9. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

The next gig I am going to is....

...to walk downstairs and play the guitar! Sorry I've been dying to say that for a while!

Actually it's quite nice playing to yourself without distractions from people in the audience. All that drunken ribaldrous heckling from lunatics is anathematic to me.

Peace brothers / sisters [ :icon_bs: ] is what I aspire to. Go there now if you can.. I dare you....

Chrs
    andi :angry: :m2: :angry:

10. wobbly bob

i wish i could remember more about it! i do remember it was good, though....!

11. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Popular Topic !!

Just noticed that this topic has been viewed 78,046 times ( well more by the time YOU read this ) ... can that surely be correct ????

12. Travellerman

Must be lots of Harper 'friends' out there....:biggrin:

13. HarperPR

May I draw m'learned colleagues to my post here of July 9. I noted then views were at 47, 720. So they've gone up another 30,000 in just over 3 months!!! Blimey!

14. wobbly bob

lots of people must be either going to gigs, or interested in what gigs other people are going to....

15. HarperPR

I think a lot have been spiders slurping around...:D

16. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

Well Im not a spider:biggrin:

My next gig will be Elbow in Manchester next thursday

17. wobbly bob

eh? spiders? what...?

18. HarperPR

refer Spiders thread in Site Suggestions!

And if you click Currently Active Users there may be one or two slurping right now!:)

19. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

p.e.todd@btinternet.com I've got a zappy little nappy

Up and coming gigs for me are:
    Goldfrapp on November 9
    Marillion 10 days later
    Steve Hogarth on 21/12

20. Travellerman

Have you got HITR yet? :biggrin:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008