1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Twang - you'll like this!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, May 6, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

As you may know, I like The Twang *a bit*:D

Now for those who have never heard them, or written them off, please try this as I think you may take another view.

Free download here
    http://www.thetwang.co.uk
    from Thursday 7th of 'Another Bus', a track from the summer release album 'Not tonight, it's Monday!' I think it's beautiful and grows on you the more you hear it.

If you like it, you'll adore the whole album, which I have heard in its entirety. I am forbidden to say more and what's here has now gone out to the media so I think I'm safe! The first single proper will be the very Twangy, dancey 'Barney Rubble' on July 6.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Their site...

Their site won't let you sign up to their mailing list for some reason.

Is it true that The Sun are involved in their new record promo?

I know a lot of people who have an ingrained tangibly-emblazoned antithapy of the old git Rupert but there again I'm a subscriber to The Times as part of his stable for the best cryptic animals called Xwrds.

c/a :confused1:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  3. HarperPR

Sorry, don't know about the mailing list...but they are on Twitter and MySpace (nice new suave looking lads in the new pic - not how they usually look!).

Well, getting help from a national daily, even if The Sun, can only be a boon!:wink:

From midnight tonight you can download the free track. Another Bus is mellow, melodic Twang - but with Brummie vocals.:biggrin:

4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I just surfed by ... now gone well beyond midnight ... still can't download it ... but knowing them and that their time is precious .. they've probabaly gone to bed early !!

5. HarperPR

The Twang NOW playing on Janice Long.

Later: it is on The Sun's showbiz page online...and album title changed to Jewellery Quarter...ain't on mine, but guess Not tonight... was the working title when it came off the desk.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  6. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I'm still not seeing any sort of download option - I was curious to hear them after Linn's persistent promotion :)

7. HarperPR

Oh bother.....I dunno what's with the download.

But click on my myspace below and there's a short vid there and the bloody song!:biggrin:

8. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Madchester?

They sound very early '90s / "baggy" to me. Tony Wilson would have signed 'em in a flash 20 years ago. Have you ever heard of Flowered Up? (who were themselves a Happy Mondays copy).

www.myspace.com/flowereduprback

You might like.
    +A

9. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

That name rings a bell. I'm sure I saw them supporting the Ozrics once. Don't remember being particularly impressed but it was so long ago.........

10. HarperPR

The Twang have uploaded Another Bus to their MySpace site - hurrah!

Or you can click my page below - as guess what? Yes, it's on there too!:biggrin:

11. HarperPR

Well, the Stone Roses/Happy Mondays/'baggy' tags have all been used...yawn...but I don't think it does them justice any longer.

And just as an interesting note for non- Twanging Harpernauts, look up what their producer Gavin Monaghan was doing on Apr 29 on Twitter (and what he thought of Nick!:biggrin:).

And on Tony Wilson...miss him. He got a lot wrong, but he had the right ethos. And I love what he came out with in that interview awhile before he died about the value was not in the money made, but in the history left behind. Right on.

12. HarperPR

13. aspwatterson

If

If all the ladies turned up dressed like Godiva I would pay money!

c/a

14. HarperPR

This Godiva festival, as mentioned above, in case you don't know has an 80s themed night on 3rd. Blow Monkeys, Go West and Womack and Womack appearing amongst others - free again.

So get ya ra-ra skirts on boys!

15. aspwatterson

So..

So I'll parachute in from a hired helicopter from Snowdon in my furbelows?

c/a

16. HarperPR

You're not Sir Richard, Andi! Hahaheehee!

I'm not going on the Friday to Godiva - think I slept through the first half of the 80s: all a bit of a blur until 85 - but can combine work and pleasure on the Saturday.

I got asked today by a broadsheet reviewer for the DT my views on the new Twang album. Think he only meant which songs I liked but I've done him a few thousand words. As you know I can talk, for, er Birmingham on them! Funny thing is, I'd said to him just a week or so ago I'd like to see a review of them by him (he gets about a bit - did live shows of The Gossip, Britney and Take That last week), and then today he says he's listening to them! My world Twang conversion is gaining pace. His album review had better be good that's all!

17. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

It's a good job it's free with that lineup !!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009