1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vision Thing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sadfish, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

Ok, despite getting more votes than 90% of the other artists in the system, we didn't go through this round, 40% of the artists that did go through this round, polled fewer votes than VT did.

Go figure, seems a CRAZY way of running a poll to me.

Better news is that next week it all starts again and we are back in the mix.

All in All 40 acts are being picked out of 547 applicants 20 in this polling system, the entry criteria was quite tight, a lot of thing had to be in place, like iTunes etc prior to the entry.

20 bands are being picked by the people running the poll at the end of the run too, so thats another possibilty.

Either way we'll request more voting next week. ;)

Thanks to all who did vote.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I feel this could be never ending! :biggrin:

I voted a few...I mean just once, of course....:wink::D

3. Sadfish

It's a bit of a crazy system, but even if it just raises profile a bit it might be worth it ;)

4. Sadfish

The vote has been annulled or something due to it being rigged in some way.

no ****.

5. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

So what happens now?

6. Sadfish

no idea waiting to see.

7. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hear Ye, Ya'll!

Dear Pete,

Where do I get all my influence? I'm full of hot air if you actually have a band, which if I interpret correctly, you do. :D

The video of you, Pete, and Vision Thing is quite different than the others by you on YouTube. You show yourself as a regular band and try something more ambitious musically (or so I think) than your previous vids.

I can't hear the lyrics, and I'm a bit disappointed in the mix. You are consistent and play well together. It seems like more of a GIRL's song (for listening). If I could hear the lyrics and you played with just a little emotion or attitude, I might like the song more. If this is your first "live" video, you'll get better with practice. So far, I like your other stuff better.

Ultimately, only the fans you have or want should influence you beyond your own desires to make music.

Thanks for including me! Honestly!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  8. NoCelebrity

Hear Ye, Ya'll!

Dear Pete,

Where do I get all my influence? I'm full of hot air if you actually have a band, which if I interpret correctly, you do. :D

The video of you, Pete, and Vision Thing is quite different than the others by you on YouTube. You show yourself as a regular band and try something more ambitious musically (or so I think) than your previous vids.

I can't hear the lyrics, and I'm a bit disappointed in the mix. You are consistent and play well together. It seems like more of a GIRL's song. If I could hear the lyrics and you played with just a little emotion or attitude, I might like the song more. If this is your first "live" video, you'll get better with practice. So far, I like your other stuff better, and the songs I heard were good listening!

Ultimately, only the fans you have or want should influence you beyond your own desires to make music. Thanks for including me! Honestly!

9. Sadfish

What are you talking about?

10. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

What is a "girl's" song?? :biggrin:

11. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Sexismistic critique

Perhaps in USA they subdivide and class songs by gender? :confused1:

Andi

12. NoCelebrity

OKAY! To clarify, I couldn't hear the lyrics clearly enough to understand them. So I can't comment on what I think they are supposed to mean.

And, I see it was post #17 on this thread/forum. So you'll have to look back a ways (didn't realize the two day old post was that far back:blushing:).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  13. NoCelebrity

Softer, more sensitive, romantic. Something women have a slight preference for v. men.

A song that seems to diverge from the more heady Pink Floyd style songs of the other VISION THING vids I viewed and liked more. This might be what Pete C. was hoping for.

I'm not invoking the SIMON COWELL in me, but at least I gave an opinion. If you don't like my opinion, give Dave your opinions. If VISION THING is going to broaden their audience, feedback of all kinds is important. He mentioned me, so I wanted to be helpful.

14. Sadfish

no problem with feedback, but it was a bit sprayed and of no use as it was impossible to know what you where referring to.

15. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Roy writes a lot of sensitive romantic songs, are they girl's songs too? I think society may sometimes percieve this particular notion, but it's not always true, never heard of softer gentle songs described as girl's songs before, anyway I have given an opinion early on in the thread...And who's Dave? :D

16. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Like..

Like many poets/lyricists/songsters there is always a preponderance of mentioning/attributing their material to women. I just don't understand it. Just coz Nature put them on this planet to hypnotise us with their smiles/curves/beauty it's no excuse at all.:biggrin:

Isn't it great that Tracey bothers to join in with our ramblings? As though we still have a direct link with His Lordship - The Count of Clonakilty/Marquis of Rossmore/Freeman of Rusholme.:m3:

For a while I read Sadfish's comment as spayed not sprayed! :blushing:

Let's do a Poll guessing how old Wee Steve is then? :confused1:

Andi...

I love the planet, the great benign shewolf spinning gently on...she'll leave alone too...

17. NoCelebrity

I hope they make the vocals clearer so I can hear them if I were to buy the CD. The fact I'm a huge fan of Roy ought to eliminate the idea I don't like "girl songs" at all. Nowhere did I say "girl songs" are bad. Roy's vocals are always pretty clear, so I find it ironic you compare the "girliness" to Roy but not the vocal mix. :blink:

Still waiting for other comments on the song. I quoted it above. Ought to be easy for all you who aren't afraid to criticize me! Anyway, I'm not offended. I like to hear other opinions. I figured the criticism would balance out.

18. Sadfish

as it says in Petes post the album is YET to be recorded, this is just a demo at rehearsals. I think Petes after less production info and more song aesthetics.

May he will post the lyirics later ;)

19. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

I have no problem with any of the feedback above, at least I don't think I do, that which I can understand at all... at the very least it has highlighted that we need to keep an eye on the clarity of the vocals when we do the final recording. I will post the lyrics later, so you can decide once & for all whether it's a girl's song*. We've got all sorts of new material for the next recordings, from Floydian epics through to commercial pop songs & sea shanties, not sure what direction it will take yet. Ship Ahoy!!

Olé, tarantula!

*it isn't.

20. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

As the hills, dear boy, as the hills.

If you find out, let me know.
    :confused1: