1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird things you have eaten?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aspwatterson, Jul 14, 2009.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

This I thought might get a responseful thread...local Radio Kestrel Basingstoke aired it this morning and were asking people in the street...

They got various responses from haggis to sugarbread to advocado pear etc..

My list would include :

Sheeps brains in Geneva [like fluffy light brown wriggly mince - yuck! Couldn't eat another morsel once they told me what it was!]

Anything slimey from the sea like whelks, cockles, muscles alive alive oh!

Quails in Karachi [the captains delicacy in the Royal Naval Club]. God they looked like two upsidedown burnt sparrows with string tied around their legs.

Cornflakes with no milk / raw potatoes with Marmite in Portsmouth as skint students, run out of electric and milk.

Fluffy seaweed in a posh Cardiff far eastern restaurant Noble House. Felt like eating sour *****ely unsweet candyfloss.

Raw crab in Langstone Harbour. We were cooking the crabs we had caught on an open fire and one crab kept walking through the fire and we called it Jesus crab.

Cat food. Have you ever tasted it? If I was a cat I'd go on hunger strike. Siamese are more choosey and wait until they get what they want.

Beer pipe cleanser fluid in various locations.

Somerset white scrumpy mixed with Guinness. [​IMG] The scrumpy smells like vinegar, tastes like vinegar, but my god you get walloped on one pint. Nearly lost my freedom with the local constabulary several times. Apparently some of the local farmers chuck the odd dead rabbit/rat in the vat to spark the brew up a bit. My room mate left a pint of it under his bed and the landlady wanted to know what the smell was stinking out the whole house the next morning. It had congealed into hard white lumps and looked like food.

Human ****e...but that's another story....

andi

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Smoked wasps - Thailand

Guinea Pig - Peru

Palolo - Samoa

3. aspwatterson

A thought entered my brain then...

Thought TM was taking the piddle out of my smoking name then : WASP.. ; okay, so, TM explain what they actually tasted like then? What is a Palolo; without looking it up on my Scrabulous crosswording confabulous wikigoogling dictionary then next? I worry about you sometimes..if you need counselling... have you tried snorting ground-up Gout tablets even?...tempting but not on this planet...

c/a

4. Travellerman

Wasps taste like nuts, palolo is a sea worm and I don't snort anything... I find the idea of stuffing something up my nose somewhat off-putting. :D

5. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I ate some Dairylea cheese triangles once. That was a very strange experience.

6. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I ate ( well swallowed ) a marble once ... does that count ? Can't say it actually tasted of anything really !!

7. Travellerman

Did it come out?

8. aspwatterson

Lost marbles?

Were you eating spaghetti bagatelle or bolocknaise at the time?

c/a

9. aspwatterson

No!

The marble was strictly hetero!

c/a

10. Steve_Pitts

Steve_Pitts I've got a zappy little nappy

A Treat in the morning, presumably

:biggrin:

11. pH

pH I've got a zappy little nappy

Muttonbird in Dunedin, NZ. It's oily, fishy and it stinks. I could later imagine the staff in the restaurant kitchen sniggering, saying 'Here comes another one ...'

Pete

12. aspwatterson

Done head in then?

c/a:biggrin:

13. aspwatterson

Hottest pepper vid

[youtube]-NNzI3RTZ7I&NR[/youtube]

c/a

14. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet I've got a zappy little nappy

I had snake and dog in southern China (Foshan). The snake was chopped up into little discs and steamed. Tasted like a stinky fish. I would've turned down the dog, but my sifu insisted. It wasn't bad, actually. Tenderized and done with a tangy sauce of some sort. But now that I can say I've had it I don't have a burning desire to have it again.

Sifu also threatened to make us eat cat testicle soup, but we dodged that one.

15. pconpie

pconpie I've got a zappy little nappy

God knows what while asleep in fields at festivals. Once while giving the cat her food I licked the spoon, as you do, without thinking. Wasn't half bad.......... wasn't half good either.

16. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

You couldn't say "balls?" (refer to G. Carlin):biggrinjester:

17. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet I've got a zappy little nappy

I considered that, but it might have been mistaken for merely orb-shaped bits of cat meat (a la fish balls), rather than the far more horrible reality.