1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Mar 7, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Today, and any day, when someone takes the time to do or say something kind or nice, and is quite genuine about it. Or is thoughtful in some way.

I had that today. And I smiled.:)

2. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

my bestest girliefriend said she wishes she had a fella that loved her as much as my husband loves me :blush:
    i smiled coz she has no idea about his disgusting habbits!
    :D

3. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

When I found the 'German girl' sitting outside my room reading her Sunday newspaper :D

4. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I've got a broken rib at the moment, it made me smile when my son asked yesterday "if I get the sellotape can we fix it Dad" :biggrin: Bless him!

5. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

What made me smile today?

The result from Old Trafford and Ferguson's mealy-mouthed bleating about the ref afterwards. In fact, that'll keep me smiling for some weeks to come.
    At last I get to see my team run out at Wembley and my knees will be very trembly!

:biggrin: :party: :thumbup: :smilielol5:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  6. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

Sheffield Wednesday came back from 1-0 down to beat QPR. And the Man U result.:thumbup1:

Edit: And fricken' Barnsley beating Chelski! Nice one Chris. :party::party:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  7. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

just found a really nice old fashion sweet shop had just opened in my town - ahhh all those jars of sweets I was in heaven - I didnt know what ones to have. Probably will work my way round the shop!!! :D

8. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

6-year-old granddaughter just being herself!

9. pH

pH I've got a zappy little nappy

A resurgent New Zealand beat England in the 1st Test about five minutes ago.

10. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Footie the glorious game!

Talk Sport radio contributor said Fergie should be banned from the touchline for 6 games as punishment. The ref should be able to complain about his remarks. If Cardiff win today that's three teams I follow haphazardly that have gotten thru' to the next FA Cup round and I won't know who to support. Bet the whole of Barnsley and Pompey have got a hangover today which means we probably won't hear from Big Chris today!?

andi

11. aspwatterson

Caveat Bob!

Don't wear those see-through silk pyjamas if you have young children around you! You'd get arrested these days! Like the bus driver who stopped the whole bus to tell off someone smoking in the bus shelter in Pompey recently. Have they actually proved passive smoking harm and in relation to the size of area of polluted space/air anyway?

andu

12. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I got an ecstatic text from the big man after the win. Can't believe he could still text by that point :rofl:

13. aspwatterson

Cardiff

Come on the dragons on the field of green

aw

14. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

I don't. Matter of fact I don't wear any: and the kids have been allowed to see us naked since they were born, not that we make a habit of it. Nudity within the family is natural unless one person feels uncomfortable or young people are developing. Kids just think its funny :) On this occasion, both Ellie and I were fully clothed and she was just helping me fill the birdfeeders and playing on the garden apparatus (cleaning the slide with her tracky bottoms). She's at that age where she just prattles on all day, some of her thoughts even by-passing her brain, we reckon. A wonderful prism through which to observe life :)

Bob

15. HarperPR

Made me smile and think 'Ah, how sweet!'

Elderly (must have been in 80s I would say) white-haired couple on bus. Laden down with shopping bags, he proceeded to take some of her goods and put them in his bag after they sat down. Then he leant over, gave her a kiss on the cheek and took hold of her hand...

Wouldn't have had same effect if they'd been a lot younger.

16. HarperPR

Apart from seeing Chelsea take the FA Cup today...seeing a pair of geese lead 7 baby goslings across a busy main road. All the traffic stopped and everyone smiled (had it been humans they'd probably just knocked em down!). The birds didn't care: they just looked straight ahead and kept on waddling!

17. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Can't say I was too chuffed with the result ... great goal by Lampard ... he plays good for football for Chelsea ... it's just a pity that when he's wearing an England top ... he play's like a right numpty !!

We often see mallards crossing the road near us, along with their ducklings ... but it's even more amazing, that they always use the zebra crossing !!

18. Travellerman

The man outside Victoria Station who told me a joke for a cigarette :D

The wealthy couple around the corner there who were desparately trying to fish out a pen they had dropped in a drain. Rich as rich can be, living in Singapore, stinking of money and there they were fiddling for a ballpoint pen, it was no Mont Blanc either :D.

The girl I met on the promenade in Brighton this afternoon :wink:.

19. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

The rumours have been flying around the village for a while now - the peacock which has been causing all the racket, disturbing contented sleep, came from Sam B's garden, chased away by the other peacock, who was guarding his territory jealously. Sam thought he had got himself a peacock, and peahen, so the story goes...

...just like Pa Larkin, he denies all knowledge of any wrongdoing. "Peacock? Not mine" he says, pointing to the peacock proudly parading around his lawn.

I'd heard about the maverick cock, but hadn't seen it until this morning. He's taken to standing in front of the huge barn doors to the grainstore, right in the middle of the village. Cleverly, he worked out what was behind them, and he will not give up his vigil. He stood so tall, as if on a plinth, looking so regal, facing the doors, willing them to open...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  20. Travellerman

I have no idea what you are talking about.