1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 songs @ your funeral ???

Discussion in 'General' started by aspwatterson, Feb 23, 2014.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Without being too morose , fuzzy headiness, hungoversishness .....what would be the three songs one would require/ request at thou funeral ? Btw has someone written a song about the Spinnaker tower in Pompeii yet? From the IOW yesterday Pompey looked like the Big Apple from a distance... sorry are you still with me...?

I think my funereal songs might have included " They're coming to take me away haha" ; but these last days it rather sounds a bit trite n'est ce pas? Comedy should be prevalent methinks; but mine could be rather an extended affair.....

Dear pagan vicar, my choice would be the whole of Lifemask by Sir Roy for starters,; followed by the whole of Stormcock album and as a grand finale Pink Floyd's fine old sun in the sky keeps falling, sing to me, sing to me... with Neil Young my brother in hippy huggy arms I am a child with Roy don't you think we're for ever...?

Rant over for noods...sorry if I have been a disturbance to any of yous through this short temporary sojourn, spinning gently on through billions of light year miles.. it's been fun sometimes tinged with something called sorrowful sadness with everyone sumx ... but complete undying eternal respect.. bless you my fellow travellers... love pervades wotever.... whatever love is?

Andi x

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. aspwatterson

and.....Nick Harper cover of "What is the ugliest part of your body" by the genius Frank Zappa.... this funeral might take some time but we've got all the time in the world haven't we??! The deceit of my friends of which I am part. Cruse Bereavement Counselling are a good org helping the bereft.

A x

3. aspwatterson

4. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hmmmm.....
    1. Once - Roy Harper
    2. A Quiet Moment - Peter Gabriel
    3. I've Been Everywhere - Johnny Cash .... as coffin trundles off into flames ;)

aspwatterson likes this.
  5. aspwatterson

6. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Andi - I'm confused ?!? You start a thread asking people for their funeral songs, which I suppose is a fair question ... but then you start adding stuff to the thread "willy-nilly" - some link to a Facebook conversation and then a couple of random Roy YouTube clips - what's the connection ?

7. aspwatterson

Soz man.. bad start to new year etc...you take care bro c u on the ice xx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHAUN IBOTT AND ALL WHO SAIL IN YOU TODAY AND ALL YOU DO FOR US....XX

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014