1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Compilation CD Promoting Nick Harper

Discussion in 'General' started by KarinB, Oct 6, 2008.

1. KarinB

KarinB Guest

If you had to make up a CD for a friend who had never heard of Nick, which two songs from each of his albums would you choose?

They don't necessarily have to be your own favourites - just the ones that you think would make them want to hear more of his albums.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
  2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

You're not specific enough - Nick who?

(I was just gonna put "Nick who?" but the blummin forum told me that message was too short)

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I guess the subject might give you the answer to your question - " A Compilation CD Promoting Nick Harper" ?!?!

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Comedians :wink:

Karin, I have one I made up which I use as a playlist on my iPod - if I've ever given anyone else a copy, I make them promise that if they like Nick they have to buy a CD, so far so good :biggrin: Maybe they'll give you some ideas, but what I like might not be what you like obviously...

Foreplay
    Love Junky
    A Hundred Things
    Shadowlands
    She Rules My World
    Like Punk Never Happened
    Flying Dog (Double Life)
    Headless
    Pendle's Choice
    Blue Sky Thinking
    Kettledrum Heart
    Good Bus
    Two Way Thing
    Radio Silence
    Lily's Song
    The Verse Time Forgot (Double Life)
    Imaginary Friend
    Bloom
    Watching The Stars
    Riverside
    Acoustic Smithereens

I also have one where I put in more Miracles songs, so knock yourself out doing that - I love Communication, 2 Secs and Always :biggrin:

5. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I'd go with that!

6. KarinB

KarinB Guest

You read my mind like a book, Paula. I didn't want to say that I wanted to make a compilation CD for someone to get a taste of Nick 'cos I thought someone would stick a post on telling me that I wasn't allowed to do it.

Of course I would make them buy his CD's if they wanted to hear more. Gone are the days when I lend out my favourite music. I once lent a friend my Squeeze LP collection and sweated, panicked and worried constantly that they would damage or scratch them that after about 10 minutes I went and got them all back. :blushing:

Your list is a good one - and I don't really want them to be a list of what I like becuase the ones I like may not be a great Nick song in another Nick fan's opinion hence the reason why I want some other peoples choices.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I figured that's what you meant Karin - it's the compilation CD that keeps on giving... to Nick :wink: