1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of Pink Floyd related "things"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bigchris, Nov 3, 2011.

1. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

In case anyone is interested Storm Thorgerson ( the guy responsible for a lot of the Floyd's artwork ) is having an exhibition in London at the moment and it's only 1/2 mile or so away from tomorrow's pre-Nick gig meetup - http://londongrip.co.uk/2011/10/sto...ition-big-small-from-billboards-to-downloads/ I don't think I'll have time tomorrow to go, but I may make an effort on Saturday - might keep me away from the pub for a while !!

Second Pink Floyd related topic - some of you will know they are yet again releasing their catalog on CD ( http://www.whypinkfloyd.com/ ) - and one in particular is the Immersion box set of "Wish You Were Here". I'd love a copy, but doubt I'll buy one, as the cheapest price I've seen so far is 85 quid - but one of the tracks on the 5 CD/DVD/Blu-Ray box set is an alternative version of "Have a cigar" - and so I was wondering, if anyone knows if this is another version of Roy singing it ?!?

2. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Roger Waters vs. The Chicago Cubs

Sorry, Chris. No idea.

But did you know the big news in Chicago a couple days ago was Roger Waters is going to perform "The Wall" at Wrigley Field next June, 2012 (I think it's the 8th of June). Tickets are going on sale in a week or two (November 12?).

Paul McCartney performed there earlier this year, and as I recall he added a second show (about 45,000 capacity w/ seating on the field).

Why can't all the Floyd get along? (rhetorical. we all know the answers...)

Who wants to see a White Sox game with me while they're in town? (C'mon, Baseball's almost exactly like Cricket except for all the differences:D).

3. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I'm almost certain it'll be the version with Roger doing the vocals (badly) that I've heard before. But, I'll let you know tomorrow... Amazon say it's on the way!

4. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Its also on the double cd for about 12 quid and isnt sung by Roy, I heard a clip on one of the PF sites, can't remember which one. As Paul says it's probably Roger Waters singing lead.

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Excellent News ... that probably means I won't buy it !!

6. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

Its on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEou0lEL4ng

That will probably be removed before long I'd imagine. The stephane grapelli version of the title track is there too, which is pretty good. I wish they'd stop messing with the artwork and leave the original WYWH cover alone. The vinyl reissue comes in a sealed black plastic bag you (apparently) have to rip to get the record out. Storm Thorgerson shouldn't be let near anyones albums - that lesson should have been learned long ago.

7. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I've been listening to an alternative Have A Cigar version/demo recently, with Roy & Dave Gilmour on the Pink Floyd Sampler (2011 remastered tracks) It's a great version, and also a brilliant demo of Another Brick In The Wall (Part I), with the following unheard (to me) lyrics:

We don't need your adulation
    We don't need your starry gaze
    How the years have come between us
    You should have seen them in the early days
    Should've seen them in the early days

All in all it's just another brick in the wall

They don't need your reminiscing
    They don't need your memories
    They don't want to hear who's missing
    Should've seen them when the boys were young
    Should've seen them when the boys were young

All in all you're just another brick in the wall

It's worth grabbing for these 2 tracks alone!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011