1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Letter from Roy - Feb 88

Discussion in 'General' started by LAdrain, Jan 6, 2008.

1. LAdrain

LAdrain I've got a zappy little nappy

Back in Feb? 1988 Roy was putting the final touches to his "The Descendants of Smith" tour.
    When H.I.S. sent out by the tour dates they also sent a copy of a letter from Roy.
    It gives a nice insight into tour costs and banks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Thanks for posting that one! Takes me back a bit. I really will have to dig through my paperwork to see how many of those I've still got.

3. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Roy's handwriting analysis

To anaylse his handwriting scan it into the following site :

http://handwriting.feedbucket.com/start.php

To get a comment on John Lennon's [like an insecure school girlie's!] go to :

http://www.richieunterberger.com/bizarre.html

To analyse the slant in his writing go to :

http://www.britishgraphology.org/lessons/lesson8.htm

I would analyse it, with my limited knowledge, as extrovert & ostentatious [large curly flourishes & bulbous letters] but very insecure [slanted backwards & childishly presented]; precise [dotting i's & using punctuation like semicolons] but laid back [large and scrawly style]. Intelligent but trying to hide his knowledge up his handwriting sleeve so as not to look like some evangelist proudly exhibiting his knowledge [ relating to the subject/ content, and rambling sentences/ trains of thought that go on and on and on!] desperately trying not to show that he actually wants to reach his audience/ readers. Does that sound like the King Conundrum himself?

Roy! I don't know if you read these trivial Forums but if you do, don't take it personally, no malice intended. Just analysing another part of you which you have deemed to show us from beneath your furbelows! How's the recording studio thingy going? We are expecting another masterpiece of course! Help us save this beautiful World before it's too dammed late!

Aye yours
    Andrew Watterson:biggrin:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Funny you should bring this up. A friend of mine, who is a professional graphologist, did an analysis of Roy's handwriting back around 1993 for Hors d'Oeuvres. I can't recall which issue though?

5. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Back in the UK I have a file of 'Harper stuff', photos, HIS letters, promos, leaflets, H d'O magazines, newspaper clippings mostly going back to 1985'ish which is 'where I came in'.

Eventually, maybe I can scan and share some of them here, if anyone's interested. Though I should imagine I don't have anything anyone else doesn't have... (apart from a 'set list' from the 100 Club maybe, autographed too!)

Interest?

6. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Royston's hand splurginess

Can you remember what the graphologist more or less came up with, out of interest?

aw