1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A wish list of board things!

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by HarperPR, Feb 5, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Paul, a few things I wondered about (ooh, er, sounds like trouble:D).

You know those Smilie people on the icons? I see that some remain fixed on the side panel and others change around. I wondered if that man falling around laughing (which I often feel like using here:D) and the thumbs up one could be fixed? Because if I use the phone, clicking on 'more' brings up the window but won't compute inserting the icon (which will probably just be me - again!).

I also wondered if the board allows for sending round robins to all members or even just all 'friends', other than having to type in all the names if one wants to PM a lot of people the same message? Would save my fingers if there was!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

As far as smilies go, if you insist on using them while on a mobile phone you are better off using the text shortcuts. Every smiley has one - instead of selecting it from the graphic, you type in the shortcut. The popup window you get when you click "more" tells you what they are. E.g. the falling around laughing one is ":rofl:"

For PM'ing lots of people at once, that's not supported and would be horribly innefficient - you are expected to use plain old email for that sort of purpose. However, why not have a look at the "Community" link at the top and look at setting up a new social group for people that want your announcements, then you can post to that group? I have to admit I've not used this myself yet but this is exactly the sort of thing it's aimed at.