1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

almost disaster or new tricks?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sadfish, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

Last night at the PAcific Road gig, Nick as usual snapped a string, as is the usual he stuck his hand in his back pocket and pulled out packets of strings whilst continuing his song, as we've seen him do time and again....

However, the string he wanted, a 4th I think, wasnt in his back pocket, he checked through them again, and none there, so he reached down to his laptop box and no strings there either.

Continuing to play he walked over to his 12 string case and opened it with his foot, he then had to reach in and take out the 12 stirng and put it to one side, He pulled out some more strings but again no 4th to be seen, playing on again he lifted the inside case section open with his foot and reached in lifting out a whole pack of strings, back to the mic he proceeded to go through them one by one throwing the discarded ones all over the stage, until pretty much the very last packet contained the one he wanted.

A new trick? or just an extended accident on his part! :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  2. Mikey Rudds

Mikey Rudds I've got a zappy little nappy

It was hilarious :D

I think it was just an improvised situation, the comedy discarding of the incorrect strings was lovely.

Incidentally, I was sat at the same table as the chap who shouted (what Nick thought was) "Jack Roberts" - but was in fact "Jack Rabbits" in a tribute to the extraordinarily insane singer of the support act.

After which Nick mentioned the whole Church thing.

A very enjoyable night, I thought (apart from the curry house being shut and my wife nearly breaking her ankle on the way home).

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Have seen something similar before - believe me, that isn't an act, that's quality panic :wink: