1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altnation Glasgow review

Discussion in 'Press and Media' started by HarperPR, Feb 27, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Chris McCoy has turned in another excellent review here of Nick, accompanied by some beautiful shots courtesy of Stuart Crawford. And if you scroll down to Feb 11 and my interview with the Levellers Mark Chadwick, you'll see Nick gets a mention (albeit in passing!) there too. Expect more here in the future on Nick and the Levs!

http://www.alternativenation.net

2. HarperPR

One of the comments in reply to this review is how good is Nick on guitar: '...is he Faulkner good...?...' Would someone care to tell him?!

3. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

On the subject of Faulkner, I went to his gig in Leeds yesterday. It was mostly fairly simple and strummy but he did have a few moments approaching Harpic-good. Nothing like the consistent wowage that we get from Nick though.

He showed off a new song called 'For God's Sake' that was a lot more complicated (guitar wise) than most of the stuff on his album. Judging by his comments I think that's the direction he'd like to go in (if he can persuade the record label). I can't help but remember he's 7 years younger than Nick was when he went solo - and he's only been playing guitar since he was 15.

There's some serious potential there -it really wouldn't surprise me if Netwon Faulkner becomes earth shatteringly good within a decade or two. That's if the record label allows him to be and not try to turn him into the English Jack Johnson...

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I have many friends on other forums into Newton, I'm trying to use that as an 'in' to Harpic - "ooh well if you like this you'll LOVE this!"

Great Glasgow review, I love his writing style, and the photos are pretty damn good too :biggrin:

5. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

And i thought my reviews were biased and gushy! I think someone's obviously after a shag... :)

Great review though.

6. HarperPR

And this forum used to once be so refined...:rofl:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  7. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I think you might mean genteel. Though I suspect there are rather a lot of gentiles here too!

8. HarperPR

Well it's not the former that's for sure!:rofl: