1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMERICAN fans of ROY!

Discussion in 'General' started by NoCelebrity, Sep 29, 2011.

1. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I would really like to discover more AMERICAN fans of Roy and Nick!

I would also like to start communicating with this underrepresented group. Merely by being better organized we can contribute to raising awareness and popularity of Harpic music in the U.S. Breaking the barrier of ignorance by the major media in the States is critical to Roy and Nick receiving the attention their music deserves.

Please leave your comments here and feel free to leave me a "private message" ("pm") by first clicking on my user name next to my avatar. I will NOT share your contact info without your explicit permission. I will do my best to reply to you all, but I hope the response will be overwhelming!

I would hope to first meet people in the Chicago area and perhaps work out more ambitious plans as things develop.

Perhaps a belated 70th birthday party?

2. Cheshirelad

Cheshirelad I've got a zappy little nappy

San Francsico Harper fan

Good to know there are other US-based Roy Harper fans. I grew up in the UK and saw Roy while I was there in the early 1970s but since 1980 I've been living in the US and have only seen him live three times:

- In Minneapolis, MN in 1996 or '97 (where I was living at the time) at a small coffee bar where I think I was the only person who knew who he was. I bought him a beer at the bar after the gig.

- Two months later at McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica (coincidentally, I was in LA for business) where I stayed for both the concerts he gave that evening.

Now, I am visiting my folks in England this November & have a choir seat ticket for the Southbank 70th birthday concert. "One of those days in England I've been saving up to spend..."

Ian

3. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I never even heard about Roy performing in the States in the 80's and 90's until I found Roy online.

I think the midwest must be the black hole of the Stormcock Universe, but I'd love to reverse that! I think there is quite a sympathetic vibration between Chicago Blues and Roy's Music and can't explain the lack of any crossover or experimentation between the two! I think Roy's met Chicago Blues MORE than half way!