1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention Manchester City fans

Discussion in 'General' started by pd, Jan 26, 2009.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Those that know me will be flabbergasted to see me posting a football thread as I generally loathe the sport. However, there is a very strong Harper connection! If you look at http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=140819 you will see why I am bringing this up... including an intriguing "busy working on his new album" snippet...

I think you will need to keep any questions vaguely football related and particularly Man City. That counts me out then, I don't even know what colour the players wear :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Even though my footie team is of the Scouse persuasion :wink: this is very very cool! Will be watching with interest...

3. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

football & roy

As long his new album ,hopefully forthcoming, does not go back to that Millwall supporter song and uniform I'll know he's not regressing in his senility!

andi :wink:

4. webbyla

webbyla Computer stained fingers

man city link up

I had forgotten that Roy was a Man City fan. Maybe he needs to get together with those other Man City urchin fans the Gallagher brothers.

I can imagine Liam and Roy hitting it off ... well hitting each other probably.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  5. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

oh god.. i clicked on the link by mistake... now my computer is unclean...

i need to do a virus scan and remove all that nasty blue from my cache.. :eek:

6. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

7. aspwatterson

hAVE...

Have logged onto their site to mention Nick's tour but the admin take a while to reconfirm apparently / Don't you just hate these auto-responses these days? / Like you're talking to a computer these days coz no one else is listening?!

Hello is there anyone in there? Just nod if you can hear me. There is no pain you are receiving, Back to PF on youtube.

a

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  8. webbyla

gtr

Hmmm... Might need to start saving up..........

From the 2nd part of the interview :

PS. Yes, The guitar in the Australian TV clip is an Ovation Adamus 1. I've still got it. Sentimental value.

It's the guitar I used for all live stuff during the late 70s to the early 90s. It's a good guitar, but I don't play it any more. Been thinking about putting it up on ebay, but just haven't got round to it.

9. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I loved the sound of those guitars! I was led to believe that Nick might have one of them stashed away too.

I would love to hear him make that guitar bounce around :D

10. aspwatterson

Are you saying that you've got Roy's actual old guitar or a similar model? Can you prove the provenance? Sold my Ovation and Tanglewood Autumn Leaf with an Ovation back; coz it slides off your lap when playing, and it's too trebly for my liking with not enough bass for resonance. Although can be used on songs cleverly with effects like Roy does picking 'To see a moment freeze'. These days, like me, R&N seem to prefer a fuller sounding guitar with standard or open tunings making the guitar sing out loud and not so tepidly trebly transparent.

chrs
    andi

ps Mcr City still not replied to my registration....twiddling thumbs...rolling a ... No!..Well you better had be then because..stutter..coz...I want everything laid on...stutter .... in there when I get in there!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  11. webbyla

clarification ...

Not me guv. RH says he is thinking about putting it on ebay

It is a quote from the last part of the interview ...

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=142950

Re registration problems. Maybe you need to change your name to something more a bit more brazilian to guarentee Man City's attention.

maybe try here:

http://www.minimalsworld.net/BrazilName/brazilian.shtml

Andi - Your Brazilname is "Andisco".

Nick - Your Brazilname is "Nildo".

Roy - Your Brazilname is "Harpeca".

12. aspwatterson

13. telemonster

telemonster I've got a zappy little nappy

PAILDO

..hmmmm...

14. aspwatterson